- If the screensaver Flash is not working on your Windows 10 PC, it's because Adobe Flash is completely discontinued.
- To fix this problem, you'll have to switch to a different screensaver on your PC.
- You can also use one of many available screensavers that come preinstalled with Windows 10.
- If the Windows 10 screensaver not working, you might want to check if that screensaver has a newer version available.
The screensaver is a nice addition that helps personalize the device and many have come fond of it using the same screensaver for years in a row.
Since Flash is no longer available, many users reported that their screensaver has also stopped working which is creating a lot of frustration and discomfort.
Starting January 2021 the support for Adobe Flash Player has stopped and Microsoft has also taken another step forward and removed Flash from the Windows operating system.
We will explore in this article what are the steps you need to make in order to solve this issue, so make sure to keep on reading.
How can I fix my screensaver Flash if it’s not working?
1. Use a specialized app
We know that change is not always easy or received with open arms but in this case, since Flash is no longer supported in Windows 10, using the old screensaver based on it, is no longer an option.
Thankfully, there are specialized software available that offer you an impressive number of screensavers that you can install on your device.
One such tool that we have tested and we’d recommend that you give a try is DeskScapes. It’s easy to install and to start using.
Use one of the most impressive and eye catching screensavers with this fantastic tool. Give it a try now!
2. Use the buit-in screensaver in Windows 10
- Press Windows Key + S and enter screensaver.
- Select Change screen saver from the list of results.
- Open the Screen saver menu and select one of the available screensavers.
- Click on Apply and OK to save changes.
Thankfully Windows 10 comes with a built-in screensaver option that allows you to either choose from the existing options or upload different pictures and create one.
You will have 6 available options at your disposal and you can change the settings as needed in order to ensure that the final result is satisfactory.
3. Check for the newer version of the screensaver
If the Flash screensaver is not working, you best choice of action is to replace it. However, a couple of well-known screensavers are getting updated in order to work without Flash.
In case your favorite screensaver isn’t working, be sure to check the development page and see see if the developers are working on a new version.
Keep in mind that this applies only to newer screensavers, and if you’re using a screensaver that is five or more years old, it’s rather likely that it won’t get updated, so you’ll have to switch.
As shown in this article, although having to let go of the old screensaver may not be comfortable, using a new one is a simple process.
By following any of the suggestions we recommended in this article you will be able to have your own personalized screensaver in a few minutes.
If you have additional recommendations and suggestions, please let us know in the comments section below, we would love to hear them.