How to fix ‘The server stumbled’ 0x801901F7 error in Windows Store
If you have been getting the error message “The Server Stumbled with Error 0x801901F7. We all have bad days” most especially when accessing Windows Store; do not worry, we have got the right fix for you.
Error 0x801901F7 is associated with Windows store and it usually happens when one attempts to launch Windows Store. However, this error does not originate from the PC and it is basically a Microsoft Store problem whose origin can be traced to the MS Servers.
Instead of waiting till Microsoft resolves this issue, Windows Report have come up with technical solutions which is applicable in solving error 0x801901F7 problem.
How to solve ‘The Server Stumbled with Error 0x801901F7’ error
Solution 1: Restart your PC
Windows users reported that they were able to solve the error 0x801901F7 problem simply by restarting their PC. This method is a quick fix which can clear up the error and make it possible for you to access Windows Store.
However, if you still get the error after restarting your PC, you may proceed to the next step.
Solution 2: Synchronize your Microsoft Account
Sometimes, invalid or incorrect Microsoft Account settings may prevent you from accessing any Microsoft services websites most especially Windows Store.
In addition, The Server Stumbled with Error 0x801901F7 may be due to invalid account or if you do not have a Microsoft Account. Here’s how to create and synchronize your Microsoft Account on your PC:
- Sign up to create a Microsoft profile at Windows Live or if you already have a Microsoft account, proceed to the next step.
- Go to Windows Live Account > Enter your email address and password, and click on login.
- Enter the 5 digit code to the Confirmation area code you will receive in your phone number or alternate email address > Click Next to login
- Go to your Windows settings and click on “Accounts”
- Enter your “working” email address and password” in the “Add user” menu and follow the prompts.
Also, after following these steps you can proceed to launch Windows store or access other Windows services on your PC to test this fix.
Solution 3: Use Microsoft Account Sign in Assistant
In addition, you can use Microsoft Account Sign in Assistant troubleshooter to solve error 0x801901F7. This tool must be downloaded and installed because it provides a walkthrough troubleshooting guide to help you access Microsoft services. Follow these steps to download, install and use Microsoft Account Troubleshooter tool:
- Download and install Microsoft Account Troubleshooter
- Press the “Windows” key and the “R” key together to launch the Run program.
- In the Run box, type “service.msc” without quotes and click on OK.
- In the Services window, scroll down to Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant and double-click on it to open properties.
- Set the startup type to “manual”.
- In the lower left region, click on “Start” if the Startup status is Stopped in the lower left > Apply > OK.
Solution 4: Reset Windows Store cache
Another way of fixing The Server Stumbled with Error 0x801901F7 error problem is to reset Windows Store cache. Follow these steps to reset Windows Store cache on your PC:
- Go to Start >Type “Run” and hit the “Enter” key.
- In the Run program, type “WSReset.exe” without quotes and click on OK.
- After the Windows Store reset process, proceed by restarting your PC and then access Windows Store again.
Solution 5: Disable the Proxy
Furthermore, Windows users reported that they were able to solve this problem by turing off their web proxy. Here’s how to do this:
- Select Start then go to ‘settings’, click on ‘Network and Internet to find ‘proxy’.
- Look for the slide that shows ‘ON’ and switch it OFF to put off proxy.
- Re-launch your web and open Windows Store.
- If you come across the ‘The Server Stumbled’ error once again, strike the Windows key + X to launch the Command prompt.
- Carefully type netsh winhttp reset proxy and strike the Enter key.
- You can now close Command Prompt and launch windows store again.
In addition, you can also disable the web proxy on your web browser. Here’s how to do this:
- Launch your “web browser” and locate the “Internet Options”.
- Select the “Connections” menu and click on “Settings”
- Uncheck the “Use a proxy server” option and tick on “Use a system proxy system” option.
- Finally, click on “OK” and access Microsoft services again on your web browser.
Solution 6: Delete Windows Store Database Files
If you still see the error even after trying all the steps mentioned above, the next step is removing windows store database files. To achieve this, follow the steps below:
- Locate C:\\\Windows\\\SoftwareDistribution\\\DataStore\\\DataStore.edb and delete DataStore.edb.
- After deleting the .edb file, restart your PC.
- Launch Windows Store to see if you have cleared the 0x801901F7 error. If you haven’t, close every program and reboot your PC.
- Re-launch windows store again and browse through an error – free Windows Store.
Solution 7: Run Windows Update
Lastly, you can fix ‘The Server Stumbled with Error 0x801901F7’ error problem by updating your Windows Operating System to the latest version.
Microsoft constantly releases Windows updates so as to improve the system’s stability and fix various issues and errors associated with the startup error. However, you can follow these steps to update any Windows OS:
- Go to Start>type “update” in the search box and then click on “Windows Update” to proceed.
- In the Windows Update window, check for updates and install the available updates.
- After the update is complete, restart your Windows PC.
In conclusion, these methods are useful in fixing “The Server Stumbled with Error 0x801901F7” on your Windows PC. You can try out any of the fixes we mentioned above to solve the error problem. Feel free to comment below if you have any question.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- How to fix Windows Store ‘Error, see details’ alert
- Fix: Windows Store Won’t Open in Windows 10
- How to fix ‘The server stumbled’ 0x80072EFD error in Windows Store
Blu-ray is, without doubt, the most powerful video content hub today, which is a marked improvement to the preceding DVD medium. However, its convenience of […]
Microsoft PowerPoint presentations usually contain important, sometimes classified, documents. Hence, most people tend to password-protect such documents against unauthorized access. However, what happens if you […]
The reception desk is the face and voice of any organization. An automated receptionist software simplifies the entire process of visitor management. Whether it’s the customer, […]