- The sfl.dll error/missing file can be caused by several reasons such as malware on your device or an outdated version of Windows 10.
- Making sure to use dedicated third-party software in order to restore the missing file is an easy fix for the problem.
- Ensuring that you have the latest Windows 10 version is yet another quick fix for the sfl.dll error.
- Another way to solve the sfl.dll error is to perform a system rollback to a previous date.
Many users report getting the sfl.dll is missing/error which can cause some of the associated software to not work properly.
There are multiple reasons to why this error can appear but most often is associated with Windows registry issues, faulty applications or malicious software.
What is sfl.dll used for?
The sfl.dll file with the dll extension is associated with Paint Tool SAI and is usually used to run this application.
Also, specific or more sophisticated video games and software applications use the sfl.dll file in order to get access to certain API functionalities that are provided by Windows 10.
In this article we will explore how you can best handle the sfl.dll error with just a few easy steps, so make sure to keep on reading.
How can I fix the sfl.dll is missing error message?
1. Restore the sfl.dll file
Before trying any solution, the easiest thing to do is try and restore the sfl.dll file.
You can do this manually but we would recommend using a dedicated third-party tool which will also ensure that other damages won’t be made during the process.
- Download and install Restoro.
- Launch Restoro.
- Restoro will now compile data about your PC.
- Wait for it to find any system stability issues and possible malware infections.
- Once the scan is complete, Restoro will show you a summary of your PC’s current status.
- Press Start Repair.
- Restoro will now start downloading and replacing and faulty registries, DLLs, and any other damaged files it may have found during the scan.
- This is possible thanks to the online libraries that is uses for comparison, replacing damaged data with its perfectly functional equivalent.
- Restart your PC for all the changes to take effect.
2. Scan your device
Most of the times, the sfl.dll error is prone to happen due to a malware infection or a virus on your device.
It’s not uncommon for a malicious program to cause this sort of error to the DLL file, and for this reason, using specialized software like Malwarebytes can make a huge difference.
Not only that you can remove any malware that’s already on your system, but if you choose to do so, you can also prevent any other malware from being able to infect your OS.
This powerful software offers qucik resolution to any malware problem, and many other useful features, while presenting you with a easy-to-understand UI.
MalwarebytesEasily resolve the sfl.dll missing issue and prevent any problem of the sort from arising again by using this great software.
3. Update Windows
As you have probably noticed already Windows 10 is regularly releasing new updated, sometimes several times a month.
Make sure to check if your Windows is up to date and if is not performing the update is our next recommendation.
This will ensure that there is no incompatibility between an older version of the sfl.dll file and your current Windows 10 version.
4. Perform a system rollback
- Type System Restore in the Search bar.
- Select Create a restore point and click on the System Restore button.
- Next, select Choose a different restore point and click Next.
- Select a date for restore then click on Next.
- Enter your password if asked and follow the on-screen steps to choose a restore location
- Reset your device.
5. Reset your device
- Write reset this PC in the Windows search box.
- Click on Reset this PC and press on the Get started button.
- From the displayed list select the Keep my files option.
- Finally, press on the Next button and Reset to confirm.
Problematic applications or malicious files can cause the sfl.dll error and you can easily fix this problem by following the steps indicated in this article.
We definitely hope that following the steps shown in this guide has managed to help you resolve the sfl.dll error.
Please share with us in the comments section below any other recommendations or suggestions you may have or which one from the above solutions helped you solve the error.