- Facebook and Instagram are currently the two largest social networks on the market.
- Did you know that you can share Facebook posts on Instagram? That’s right, and today we’re going to show you how.
- Don't hesitate to explore our detailed Web & Cloud section for more easy-to-follow guides.
- For more in-depth guides like this one, be sure to visit our dedicated How-To Hub.
Most of us use several social networks, and posting the same content on multiple networks can be tedious, especially if you’re doing it manually.
How can I share a Facebook post to Instagram?
1. Link your Facebook and Instagram accounts
- Open the Page that you manage on Facebook.
- Click the Settings button in the left pane.
- Now select Instagram.
- In the right pane, click the Connect Account button.
- Sign in to your Instagram account.
- Start writing a new post on Facebook.
- Now you should see the Instagram option on it. Select it and click Share Now.
Keep in mind that this method shouldn’t work with multiple images. Also, some pages might not be designed to work with Instagram at the moment.
It’s important to mention that you can’t publish old Facebook posts to Instagram, and the same goes for the Facebook stories.
This feature is limited to Facebook pages, and in order to post to Instagram, your post needs to contain an image, so keep that in mind.
2. Use IFTTT, Hootsuite, or Buffer
- Sign up for the IFTTT account.
- Now use the Facebook Page to Instagram service.
- Click the Connect button.
- If asked, sign in to your Facebook and Instagram account.
- After doing that, your Facebook Page posts should be automatically shared to Instagram.
IFTTT offers a wide array of features, so you might want to experiment with different Facebook and Instagram recipes in order to achieve the desired results.
Alternatively, you can use services such as Hootsuite or Buffer that allow you to post on multiple social networks simultaneously, but these types of services usually have a monthly fee.
Sharing Facebook posts on Instagram is pretty simple, and you just need to change your Facebook Page settings and link your Instagram account to it.
After doing that, you can just select the Instagram option when sharing your post. If you’re more tech-savvy, IFTTT might be a good alternative as well.
If you’re a frequent social media user, you should check our list of best web browsers for Facebook, and pick the best browser for your social media needs.