FIXED: Shockwave Flash Player crashes in Windows 10
Many websites use Shockwave Flash, so it’s unfortunate that some Windows 10 users have reported issues with the player. According to users, it seems that Shockwave Flash keeps crashing on Windows 10, so let’s see if we can fix that.
According to users, Shockwave Flash keeps crashing on all browsers and this ruins the user experience for many because they are unable to surf the web without constant issues. Although this is quite frustrating there are some solutions that might help.
Some users report that updating their Windows 10 to the latest build using the Windows Update service fixed the issue. So before trying any of the solutions listed below, do check for updates.
What to do if Shockwave Flash Player Crashes in Windows 10
- Use default audio drivers
- Update your audio drivers
- Change the sound format
- Update your browser
- Use a different browser
Solution 1 – Use default audio drivers
According to some users, it seems that some Windows 10 issues are triggered by Flash and your audio drivers. So the best solution might be to uninstall your current audio drivers and use the default ones. To that follow these instructions:
- Go to Device Manager. You can start Device Manager by pressing Windows Key + X on your keyboard and choosing Device Manager from the menu.
- Next, you need to locate your audio driver in Device Manager.
- After you’ve found your driver, right click it and choose Uninstall.
- Make sure that you check Delete the driver software for this device and then click OK.
- After the driver has been uninstalled, restart your computer and Windows 10 should automatically install the default audio driver.
Solution 2 – Update your audio drivers
Sometimes, the issues with Shockwave Flash can be caused by old drivers that are not fully compatible with Windows 10. If that’s the case, you might want to check your manufacturer’s website for latest drivers. Realtek and Nvidia users report that updating their drivers solved this issue.
Updating drivers manually is very annoying, so we recommend you to download this driver updater tool (100% safe and tested by us) to do it automatically. Thus, you will prevent file loss and even permanent damage to your computer.
Solution 3 – Change the sound format
- Click the speaker icon in the bottom right corner.
- Select Playback Devices > Headphones (or Speakers if you’re using speakers).
- Next click on Properties.
- If you have Dolby Audio tab go there and set Dolby Audio to on. If not, skip to next step.
- Go to Advanced tab and set Default Format to 2 channel, 16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD Quality). We have to mention that sometimes you need to experiment with different values of Default Format in order for this to work.
- Click Apply to save the changes.
Solution 4 – Update your browser
Since you already updated your OS and audio drivers, it’s time to update your browser as well. Make sure that you’re using the latest browser version.
Also, if you use any browser extensions or add-ons, temporarily disable all of them and check if the issue persists.
Solution 5 – Use a different browser
If this problem affects only one particular browser, maybe there’s a temporarily incompatibility issue between your current browser version and Shockwave Flash Player. Until a hotfix is released, you can simply switch to another browser.
As you can see, most Shockwave Flash issues are related to your audio device and audio driver and we hope that our solutions proved helpful.
RELATED POSTS TO CHECK OUT:
- Adobe to finally kill Flash Player in 2020
- Why is my computer not recognizing Adobe Flash Player in IE?
- 5 best video blocker extensions for your browser
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in November 2015 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.
Blu-ray is, without doubt, the most powerful video content hub today, which is a marked improvement to the preceding DVD medium. However, its convenience of […]
Microsoft PowerPoint presentations usually contain important, sometimes classified, documents. Hence, most people tend to password-protect such documents against unauthorized access. However, what happens if you […]
The reception desk is the face and voice of any organization. An automated receptionist software simplifies the entire process of visitor management. Whether it’s the customer, […]