- Snapchat is a unique messaging platform that has millions of users worldwide.
- Although the application is available for iOS and Android, it’s possible to use Snapchat in your web browser.
- If you want to learn more about social networks, visit our Web & Cloud page for similar articles.
- Having a good web browser is important, and we suggest visiting our Browsers Hub for more guides like this one.
Snapchat is a popular messaging platform, and with its popularity, many users are wondering if they can actually use Snapchat on their PC.
In today’s article we’re going to answer this and several other Snapchat-related questions, so let’s get started.
How do I use Snapchat in a browser?
1. Log in to your Snapchat account
- Go to the Snapchat accounts page.
- Enter your login information.
- After you log in, you’ll be able to change your account settings with ease.
You can do this in any web browser, but we recommend using Opera due to its features. First off, Opera is light on your resources, so it should handle any type of website or multimedia.
Opera also offers tracking protection which will make your pages load faster by blocking tracking scripts. For additional protection, there’s a built-in VPN that offers unlimited bandwidth, for free.
If you’re a social media user, you’ll be pleased to hear that the browser has a built-in messenger as well as Instagram integration.
We also have to mention that the browser allows you to organize your tabs into workspaces.
Opera is available on multiple platforms, it’s fast and reliable, so be sure to try it out.
OperaDon’t wait any important messages due to browser lag! Opera is perfect for using Snapchat thanks to its fast response.
2. How to view Snapchat in a browser?
Unfortunately, you can’t view Snapchat in your browser except for the account page. This means that it’s impossible to use Snapchat in the browser or to send messages on Snapchat from the browser.
Snapchat remains an Android and iOS exclusive app and there’s no desktop version available. However, you can use the Android emulator as a workaround and view Snapchat on your PC.
To do that, follow these steps:
- Download and install the Bluestacks emulator.
- Open Bluestacks and go to the Google Play Store.
- Look for Snapchat and install it.
- Now start the Snapchat from the emulator.
Sadly, this is the only way to use Snapchat on your PC since there’s no official web app available.
FAQ: Learn more about Snapchat
- Can I use Snapchat on browser?
You can change your Snapchat account settings in the browser, but there’s no way to run Snapchat in the browser.
- Can I use Snapchat on Chrome?
No, you can’t use Snapchat on Chrome. Snapchat is available only as a dedicated app on Android and iOS.
- How do I Snapchat without downloading it?
The only way to use Snapchat is though its dedicated app, so be sure to download it if you want to use Snapchat.
- How can I check my Snapchat without the app?
Unfortunately, there’s no way to check your Snapchat without the Android or iOS Snapchat app.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in June 2020 and has been since revamped and updated in August 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.