The Snipping Tool in Windows 10 is a handy utility and allows the users to take screenshots in different modes as well as offers the built-in print function. That said, several users have reported the snipping tool does not print on the Microsoft Community Forums.
I was so happy to find that Snipping Tool now has a direct print option, but when I capture an image and attempt to print – using Print from the File menu – I get two blank pages from the printer. If I paste the image into a Word document, it will print as expected. What’s going on?
Follow these steps to fix the snipping tool does not a print problem.
How do I print directly from the snipping tool?
1. Change Print Preferences
- Launch the Snipping Tool.
- Now snip the area that you want to print.
- Once the screenshot is captured, click on File and select Print.
- In the General Tab, click on the Preferences button.
- Open the Effects tab.
- Now click on “Print document on” and select the paper size that you are using to print the document.
- Also, check the “Scale to fit” option.
- Click on Print and you should be able to print the document without any issues.
2. Change Printer Graphics Setting
- Open your Printer software and then open the Printer Properties.
- In the Printer Properties window, open the Printer Quality tab.
- In the Print Quality tab, look for the Graphics section.
- Click on Vector drop-down menu and select Raster option.
- Click OK and Apply to save the changes.
- Close the Printer Properties window. Now try to print the Snipping Tool screenshot and check if the issue is resolved.
3. Save and Print
- One of the reasons why the printer is finding it difficult to print screenshots from the snipping tool can be because of display size. If you have your display scaled up 150% or more then you need to save the file first and then try to print it.
- So, after taking a screenshot, press Windows Key + S to save the file.
- Now open the saved file in the Photos app and try to print it from there.
4. Print from Paint
- If you don’t want to save the file before being able to print it, you can use an image editing app to skip the step.
- After taking a screenshot, launch the paint app and paste the snippet.
- Click on File and select Print.
- Change the preferences and click on Print. This should allow you to print the snippet without having to save it first.
RELATED STORIES YOU MAY LIKE: