Avast Antivirus is a well-known name in the world of antivirus users, being a family of cross-platform security tools developed for the Windows OS, macOS, as well as Android and iOS. Developed by Avast, this tool prides itself on its widespread popularity among users.
One main highlight of Avast Antivirus is its efficiency-to-cost ratio, having a free edition that is also unlimited, and packed with quite a number of tools that make it self-sufficient as an anti-malware tool.
Secure your devices with award-winning cybersecurity technology.
Block malware and optimize your PC with this all-in-one tool.
Browse anywhere with integrated VPN and top-level antimalware technology.
Keep secure with groundbreaking AI detection and prevention technology.
Prevent data breaches and malware infections with user-friendly controls.
Avast Antivirus’ system requirements
- Operating system: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 with SP 1
- Architecture: 32- and 64-bit supported
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 or faster
- Memory: 2 GB RAM or more
- Space: at least 2 GB free HDD space required
- Screen resolution: Optimally standard screen resolution no less than 1024 x 768 pixels.
- Limitations: ARM-based devices are not supported.
- Comes in a version that is 100% free
- Very efficient browser integration
- Intuitive and minimalist interface
- Frequently updated
- Pop-ups can be annoying
Two different antivirus tools for two different budgets
Avast isn’t the only antivirus developer that has a free version of their product released. However, most of them are usually actually free trials or are way too limited in terms of functionality.
These two products are:
- Avast Free Antivirus
- Avast Premium Security
One surprising feature about Avast Antivirus is the fact that their free version is soo feature-packed, that it pretty much stands on its own as an antivirus tool if you aren’t looking for something too complicated.
Here are the benefits of Avast Free Antivirus:
- Real-time virus and spyware protection
- Ransomware protection
Avast Premium Security has all the benefits of the Free version, along with:
- Protection against unauthorized remote control of your PC
- Browser-stored password protection
- Fake website protection
- Webcam protection
- Advanced firewall
Regardless of which you choose, the bottom line is that your PC will be vastly more protected compared to how it would have been without any antivirus at all.
One thing worth mentioning is that, like all software utilities, Avast Antivirus can still encounter the occasional error, and that is why we’ve created a dedicated Avast Fix section, so don’t hesitate to visit and maybe even bookmark our page if you have any issues.