CyberGhost VPN is, as its name suggests, a VPN (Virtual Private Network) app, designed to help you hide your online identity and unblock geo-restricted content.
It’s well agreed upon that browsing the Internet can bring you a lot of benefits, but there are some drawbacks that you need to consider. One of them is that, with the right tools, anyone could spy on your online activity, even your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
However, by using a specialized tool such as CyberGhost VPN, you can circumvent this situation in a smart, quick manner.
CyberGhost VPN’s system requirements
If you want to save yourself some precious time and energy, checking the system requirements is an efficient way of doing that. Instead of downloading and installing a potentially unfit program on your PC, you can just check if your system meets the requirements, provided that you are familiar with your computer’s specs, that is.
Without further ado, here are the requirements your system must meet in order to run CyberGhost VPN flawlessly:
- Operating system: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7
- Architecture: supports both 32-bit and 64-bit systems
- Processor: must have at least 1 GHz (both 32-bit and 64-bit supported)
- Memory: at least 2 GB RAM recommended
- Space: at least 310 MB free HDD space
- Optical drive: CD, DVD, or Blu-ray drive if you opt for the boxed version
- Display: a screen that supports at least 1024×600 resolution (either High Color or True Color)
- Pointing device: mouse, trackball, tablet, trackpad
- Internet connection: Required for the program to operate
Your connection is not secure - websites you visit can find out your details:
- Your IP Address:
- CyberGhost VPN enforces a strict no-logging policy
- Romanian jurisdiction that has no mandatory data retention laws and regulations
- One-day trial to decide if the service is good enough for you
- User-friendly, intuitive, yet comprehensive program
- Affordable subscription plans
- Many customers regret CyberGhost VPN not having a free version anymore
How CyberGhost VPN works
Like other similar products, CyberGhost VPN takes all your Internet activity and routes it through its own servers.
Therefore, your traffic, as well as that of their other customers, is masked, along with your location and other personally identifiable information.
Additionally, aside from just hiding you and your whereabouts from prying eyes, CyberGhost VPN can also unblock some geo-restricted content for you by using the same principle, but this time with a whole other end result: spoofing your location.
CyberGhost VPN doesn’t keep logs
One important aspect to look after when deciding which VPN service you should trust is whether it keeps logs or not.
In this case, you can rest assured that CyberGhost VPN has its servers configured in such a way that they keep absolutely no logs.
These potential logs (that CyberGhost VPN doesn’t keep) usually hold data regarding your activity on the Internet, how much bandwidth you’ve been using, timestamps of your connections, as well as your original and VPN-assigned IP addresses.
Basically, these data bits are an X-ray of your online activity while connected to a VPN.
Among other key-features of CyberGhost VPN, you can find:
- It’s able to hide your IP quickly and easily
- Provides you with the strongest encryption standard (256-bit military-grade)
- Encrypts Wi-Fi traffic so that you can stay safe on public Wi-Fi networks
- Keeps your conversations and transactions secure through 256-AES bit encryption
How to install & use CyberGhost VPN
Although CyberGhost VPN packs an impressive amount of advanced features, it’s still one of the most accessible, user-friendly, and intuitive VPN solutions on the market.
Each tool is either self-explanatory or carefully explained so that you can’t jeopardize your connection’s security and privacy while tampering with the settings.
The installation part is also a walk in the park. Literally, all you have to do to successfully set up the program is to launch the installer and accept the Terms and Conditions on the screen by clicking the “Accept” button.
The wizard will take care of everything, without extra assistance on your side.
- Is CyberGhost VPN free?
A few years back, CyberGhost VPN provided its users with a free service, as well as a premium one. The free version had no speed throttling, and there was no limit regarding sent or received data, but you could only use a portion of their entire server network, and more often than not, there was a queue. Unfortunately, CyberGhost VPN no longer offers a free version but lets its new customers test the service’s capabilities by providing them with a one-day trial.
- Is CyberGhost VPN safe to use?
CyberGhost VPN comes with two key features that make it one of the safest bets in the VPN industry: Romanian jurisdiction and strict no-logging policy. Romania is not a member of the infamous 5, 9, 14 Eyes Alliances, nor does it have any mandatory laws or regulations regarding data retention. Furthermore, CyberGhost VPN consolidates its position by enforcing a zero-logging policy, so as to assure you that everything you trust them with (online activity, conversations, transactions) is completely safe.
- What’s the best VPN?
There are many situations when you’d need a VPN to protect your online privacy and secure your connection. Therefore, the best VPN should be able to withstand all difficulties and provide you with a private, secure connection without compromise. While we found CyberGhost VPN to be a good all-round VPN, some other services might be able to handle specific tasks better.
- Software Version
- Kape Technologies
- VPN, Virtual Private Network