Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
- If you're the type of person who likes to have a disc collection of photos, music or movies, you might be interested in a software solution to create and print cool labels.
- There are many label maker software solutions that you can download to customize your disc cover projects with text, artwork, and similar graphical elements before printing the designs.
If you’re the type of person who likes to have a disc collection of photos, music or movies, you might be interested in a software solution to create and print cool labels.
A disc label maker is indispensable in a print publishing company since it gives you the possibility to design and print disc labels in mass production. But it can also be used in other kinds of business, like professional photography for special events like weddings.
There are many label maker software solutions that you can download to customize your disc cover projects with text, artwork, and similar graphical elements before printing the designs. And one such example is Disketch.
Created by NCH Software, Disketch is a Windows application you can use to design labels for your CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs with the help of a user-friendly UI and practical controls. You can print them either on sticky labels or directly on discs.
Overview of Disketch Disc Label features
- Easily design and print labels and covers for your CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs
- Use more than 60 preset label layouts to print on commercial stationery
- Personalize the disc and CD case, both front and back
- Customize labels by adding your own images or artwork
- Insert text and configure text settings
- Add, rotate, and flip images
- Apply clipart images from a rich online clipart library with animals, holiday decorations, speech bubbles, weather, and other graphical elements
- Add decorative or wooden frames (5 designs for each)
- Edit properties about the background, paper size, portrait or landscape mode, disc printable areas, and edge positions
- Copy CD information such as album title, artist name, and track list
- Export the project to an image file or PDF if you can’t print the CD labels right away
- Easy-to-use label maker for CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs
- Customize text and images, add your own pictures and artwork
- Forever-free version available
- Optional programs offered during setup
- If you accidentally click some buttons in the menu, it will auto-install other NCH Software products
The label printing software solution comes bundled with preset label layouts for commercial stationery and a wide range of label customization options. Geared toward all types of users, Disketch promises excellent results, whether you’re designing disc labels for yourself or for business. It works not only on Windows but also on Mac.
If we’re talking about personal use, a disc labeling program is handy for organizing your collections of music, movies or homemade videos. And you can turn it into a fun event for the entire family since you can add your own images, experiment with artwork, or try out an online clipart library.
Check out the system requirements, editions, installation, getting started, features, and our review for Disketch.
Disketch system requirements
To run this program, make sure you’re using one of the following Windows editions:
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP (either 32-bit or 64-bit)
Disketch free trial
There are multiple editions available for Disketch, and one of them is free. No time restrictions are set in free mode, so you can use it like this forever. But you don’t have access to some advanced features and can’t use the tool for business.
To unlock the advanced features and continue using the label maker at home, you can purchase Disketch Disc Label Software Plus – Home use only. If you also want to use the program for commercial purposes, then you need Disketch Disc Label Software Plus – Commercial License instead of the home license.
It’s possible to make a one-time payment for either home or professional license. But you can also opt for a quarterly subscription plan when it comes to business usage. Regardless of what you choose, you should know that you will automatically receive a 30-days money-back guarantee.
How to install Disketch
Since Disketch’s setup file is quite small, you can quickly download it to your hard drive, even if you have a weak Internet connection. You should be careful when installing this program because it offers optional programs and extras for installation. If you rush through setup, you might end up accidentally installing other tools made by the same developer (NCH Software).
How to use Disketch
The graphical interface of the software application is simple and intuitive, providing you with easy access to all key controls. When creating a new project, you can pick the preferred label layout, such as CD, DVD or Blu-ray disc and case on generic paper.
It’s also possible to print the cover directly to a standard disc’s surface, to commercial stationery using a preset label layout, or by using a previously exported custom label layout.
Disketch – fun disc label software
Disketch has many cool features to help you decorate and print disc labels and covers, whether you need them for your CDs, DVDs, or Blu-ray discs. You can play with image, text, and clipart customization options to design the disc itself, along with all disc case sides. And, if you don’t have a printer nearby, you can export the project to a user-friendly format like PDF to print it later.
The application uses minimum system resources and, because it doesn’t have special hardware requirements, you should be able to run it even on older computer models. As far as we can tell, an active Internet connection is only necessary for accessing the online clipart library.
However, although NCH Software also recommends it for business, we fail to see it. If you don’t insert custom, professional-looking images, you’re stuck with cartoonish shapes provided by the clipart library, which is less than ideal for business clients. As a result, unless your disc labeling company is exclusively oriented toward children-related events, Disketch can be hardly used as a professional label maker software solution.
- Can I save my project and send it to a print shop with Disketch Disc Label?
Yes, it’s possible to save the project to file and later open it for printing, but that means that Disketch must also be installed on the print shop’s computer. Alternatively, you can export the project to PDF, JPEG, PNG, or TIFF, since these are more user-friendly formats that are compatible with other programs.
- What is the best CD label software?
We believe that Disketch is one of the best CD label software solutions for your Windows PC, especially when it comes to personal use. However, if you want to check out other applications with similar functions, we suggest starting with Label Factory Deluxe, Acoustica, Label Maker Pro, or SureThing Disc Labeler.
- Is Disketch Disc Label free?
No, unfortunately, you’ll have to pay if you want to use this program without restrictions. However, you can download and use a free trial before you make up your mind about purchasing a license.
- Software Version
- label, cover