Just opened the Xamarin.Forms Previewer and it says “Something went wrong, Connection is closed” Its a fresh Visual Studio 2017 install and a blank Xamarin Forms Project.
Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
Xamarin is a software designed by Microsoft that gives you the entire range of tools you need in order to write native Android, iOS, and also Windows applications, but many users reported Something went wrong connection is closed error message.
This error can be very frustrating as it doesn’t allow you to preview your code before exporting it to a virtual Android device, or any other device you use.
For this reason, in this article, we will explore some of the proven methods to fix the Something went wrong connection is closed on Xamarin.
How can I fix Xamarin Forms previewer Connection is closed error?
1. Check Visual Studio settings
- Open up Visual Studio.
- Select the Tools menu and choose Options.
- Inside the options menu, scroll down through the list on the left side, and choose XAML Designer (the last option in the list).
- Make sure to enable XAML Designer by ticking the box next to the option.
- Restart Visual Studio for the changes to take effect.
- Retry the action that caused the error, to see if the issue is fixed.
2. Close and re-open the XAML file
- Close the problematic XAML file.
- Wait for a few seconds and open it again.
- After restarting the XAML file, try previewing it, and check to see if the issue persists.
3. Check your Xamarin.Forms version
- Open Visual Studio.
- Click on Extensions button from the top menu.
- Inside the Extensions manager window, select Xamarin.Android, or any other extension you want to update and click the Update button.
- Check the box next to the Automatically update this extension option, so Visual Studio will keep your files updated.
- Restart Visual Studio and check to see if the problem persists.
4. Completely uninstall and reinstall the latest Visual Studio version
Here is how to completely uninstall Visual Studio from your PC:
- Press the Win Key + X keys on your keyboard, and select Apps and features.
- Search for Visual Studio in the list of programs, select it, and click Uninstall.
- Wait for the process to finish, and then restart your PC.
In this article we explored some of the best fixes for the Something went wrong. Connection is closed error on Xamarin and Visual Studio.
Please feel free to let us know if this article helped you solve your issue by using the comment section below.