- Hotstar is a popular streaming service in India that boasts over 350M users.
- But from time to time, various errors do occur preventing users to access premium videos. We compiled this list of solutions to help you to fix this issue for good.
- Visit our Browser Troubleshooting Hub for additional guides that will come in handy especially when you're getting other browser-related errors.
- If you're not satisfied with your current browser, do explore our collection of guides to learn what are the best browsers to install on your PC for various purposes.
What could be the reason behind the error Something went wrong. We are working on it. Please try again in a bit while trying to access the premium videos from Hotstar?
If the service isn’t down at the moment, the problem is most certainly on your side.
Read below to find out how to solve this.
Why is Hotstart Playback stream not available?
1. Clear your Chrome browser data
- Firstly, make sure to log out and log in again and check whether the Hotstar is down temporarily, here.
- From your desktop, simply open Chrome.
- At the top right corner, click More.
- Click More tools then click Clear browsing data.
- Choose a time range, might be Last hour or All time.
- Select the types of information you want to remove.
- Click on Clear data, and retry using Hotstar.
2. Flush your DNS
- Simply type cmd in your Start Menu, in order to open Command Prompt.
- Type ipconfig /registerdns, and then press Enter.
- After the operation has been completed, type in exit in Command Prompt, and then restart your machine.
3. Update your network drivers
- Click on the Start Menu and select your Device Manager.
- Just expand the category with the hardware you want to update.
- Right-click on the device, and select Update Driver.
- Click the Search automatically for updated driver software
CHECK THIS NOW: Best Apps to watch free movies in Windows 10
4. Firewall permission on your PC
- From your PC’s Start Menu select the Control Panel.
- Click on Windows Firewall, and proceed to click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall.
- Now, the Allowed App windows will open.
- Click on the Change Settings
- Now check the boxes next to the apps or programs you want to allow through Windows Firewall or network connections.
- Click OK to save your new settings.
Alternatively, why wouldn’t you consider switching to an alternative browser that slowly gets quite popular? UR Browser owes its popularity to a variety of privacy and security features, great UI design, and lighting fast browsing speeds.
Not to mention that media streaming is perfectly optimized and Hotstart, Netflix, or Prime streaming works flawlessly.
UR Browser is the privacy-first browser, keeping your private data out of the hands of advertisers. The built-in VPN will ensure your anonymity while the anti-tracking and anti-profiling tools will keep the rest at bay.
Check UR Browser today by downloading it from the link below.
There you go, these are our solutions for the Something went wrong Hotstar error. Try them all, and let us know in the comments section if our solutions helped you.
FAQ: Learn more about browsers and HotStar
- What is the meaning of Something Went Wrong?
The error message Something Went Wrong indicates that a program or software encountered an error preventing it from running as intended. This is a general error that has a wide variety of root-causes behind it: corrupted data, missing files, incompatible settings, and more.
- Why videos are not playing on Hotstar?
There are 5 main reasons why Hotstar video playback fails to work: browser cache issues, using an incompatible or discontinued browser, incorrect DNS settings, outdated network drivers or firewall permission settings.
- Why does Hotstar buffer so much?
Hotstar buffering is mainly due to bandwidth issues. To play Hotstar videos without buffering, make sure you’ve got an Internet connection of minimum 2 Mbps.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in June 2019 and has since been updated for freshness and accuracy.