- Hotstar is a popular streaming service in India that boasts over 350M users.
- But from time to time, errors do occur preventing users to access premium videos. Here's how to fox this.
- Improve your overall experience with these Best VPN clients for Streaming.
- Check out our Browsing Hub for additional guides that will come in handy especially when you're getting other browser-related errors.
What could be the reason behind the error Something went wrong. We are working on it. Please try again in a bit while trying to access the premium videos from Hotstar?
If the service isn’t down at the moment, the problem is most certainly on your side.
Read below to find out how to solve this.
Why is Hotstart Playback stream not available?
1. Try a different browser
To resume the aforementioned, if the Hotstar servers are up and running, the issue is most likely generated by your current browser.
As one would expect, the simplest and most convenient solution would be switching to an alternative browsing solution that gets more and more popular due to its numerous advantages.
Opera owes its popularity to a variety of privacy and security features, great UI design, and lighting fast browsing speeds. Not to mention that media streaming is perfectly optimized and Hotstart, Netflix, or Prime streaming works flawlessly.
This is the privacy-first browser, keeping your private data out of the hands of advertisers. The built-in VPN will ensure your anonymity while the anti-tracking and anti-profiling tools will keep the rest at bay.
Let’s quickly look at its key features:
- Fully customizable UI with themes, modes, sidebar display, and keyboard combo included
- Turbo mode to further enhance speed
- Integrated adblocker to eliminate distractions, optimize web pages loading times and streamline your browsing experience
- Integrated VPN tool to anonymize your browsing and unblock geo-restricted content
- Integrated snapshot tool to capture your screen effortlessly
- Customizable workflow and workspaces with instant messaging and social media apps like Twitter, Facebook or Instagram to chat, explore and stay in touch with the latest news without leaving your browser’s windows
OperaReimagine Hotstar streaming with the most powerful browser: faster, better, 100% private, and ad-free.
2. Clear your Chrome browser data
- Firstly, make sure to log out and log in again and check whether the Hotstar is down temporarily, here.
- From your desktop, simply open Chrome.
- At the top right corner, click More.
- Click More tools then click Clear browsing data.
- Choose a time range, might be Last hour or All time.
- Select the types of information you want to remove.
- Click on Clear data, and retry using Hotstar.
3. Flush your DNS
- Simply type cmd in your Start Menu, in order to open Command Prompt.
- Type ipconfig /registerdns, and then press Enter.
- After the operation has been completed, type in exit in Command Prompt, and then restart your machine.
4. Update your network drivers
- Click on the Start Menu and select your Device Manager.
- Just expand the category with the hardware you want to update.
- Right-click on the device, and select Update Driver.
- Click the Search automatically for updated driver software
5. Firewall permission on your PC
- From your PC’s Start Menu select the Control Panel.
- Click on Windows Firewall, and proceed to click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall.
- Now, the Allowed App windows will open.
- Click on the Change Settings
- Now check the boxes next to the apps or programs you want to allow through Windows Firewall or network connections.
- Click OK to save your new settings.
There you go, these are our solutions for the Something went wrong Hotstar error. Try them all, and let us know in the comments section if our solutions helped you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Hotstar buffering is mainly due to bandwidth issues. To play Hotstar videos without buffering, make sure you’ve got an Internet connection of a minimum of 2 Mbps.