- Occasionally, some NordVPN users may encounter the Something went wrong error message.
- More often than not, reinstalling NordVPN can fix the issue without significant effort.
- Unfortunately, sometimes the cause is more complicated, which requires advanced troubleshooting.
- If you encounter the error specified above, check out our guide and learn how you can fix it.
The error message Something went wrong when trying to buy a license inside NordVPN has been showing up on quite a few systems lately.
This issue can be extremely annoying, as, besides the fact that you can’t make the purchase, your account will not be activated either.
This is extremely important, especially if you’re using NordVPN to hide important information about yourself from third-party entities online, or you’re bypassing some server location limitations.
Even though an official release for this issue has not been released by the developers at NordVPN, we found some important steps you need to be aware of.
These steps are not actually a solution to the problem, but a series of checks that you need to perform in order to make sure that your payment goes through.
How can I fix Something went wrong error in NordVPN?
1. Reinstall NordVPN from an official source
- Head to Start Menu > Control Panel.
- Up next, click on Uninstall a Program under the Programs section.
- Search for NordVPN inside the programs list and select it.
- Press Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the removal process.
- After the VPN is removed, download the official software.
Cracked VPN versions never work properly. If that’s your case too, make sure you grab the official Tefincom & Co., S.A. VPN solution this time.
After applying the above steps, try to activate it once more and confirm getting rid of the error.
Reinstall NordVPN right away when getting the Something went wrong error!
2. Make sure your card has enough funds available
Even though this idea seems like a no-brainer, some users have had this issue because they didn’t have enough funds on the card they chose to make the payment with.
3. Check the information you entered while setting up the payment
- Make sure that the data found on your card is exactly typed into the payment system inside NordVPN.
- Not having an exact match of the data there will cause the payment to not go through.
4. Check the expiration date of your card
- In case you see the error message Something went wrong when trying to pay your NordVPN subscription, you will need to make sure that your card is not expired.
- If you see that the date written on your card has passed, you will need to contact your card issuer (bank) and get an updated card.
5. Fraud detection
- Another reason for this error message and the inability to pay your subscription to NordVPN could be that you’re trying to perform the payment with a VPN service active or while using a proxy server.
- In the case that your IP address is not belonging to the country in which your card is opened in, it will cause the NordVPN software to decline the payment for security reasons.
- Disable your VPN or proxy and try to make the purchase again.
6. The transaction might have been declined by your bank
- Even though this issue doesn’t happen very often, there were cases in which the bank refused the payment for security reasons.
- To fix this, you will need to contact your bank and ask them to allow future payments to NordVPN.
In this article, we explored the most common reasons for encountering the Something went wrong NordVPN error message.
Please feel free to let us know if this guide helped you solve your issue by using the comments section found below.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, NordVPN works flawlessly in China. However, it’s true that the NordVPN website is currently blocked.
If your wish is to speed up NordVPN, use a peer-to-peer server, change the server you are using, and use the confirmed tips from this detailed guide.
Yes, NordVPN has no bandwidth limits to worry about.