The new Sony Bravia line up comes with HDMI support to connect your set-top box as well as a gaming console and other HDMI devices. Sometimes, the users may encounter Sony smart TV HDMI not working issues while using an external device connected to the HDMI port.
The HDMI issues can occur due to multiple reasons including a defective HDMI port or incorrect configuration.
If you are also troubled by this issue, here are a couple of troubleshooting tips to fix Sony smart TV HDMI not working issue with ease.
What can I do if my Sony smart TV’s HDMI is not working?
1. Check the video input
- To receive the HDMI signal, make sure the TV is set to the correct video input. You can access the input option using the Input button on the remote control.
- Press the Input button repeatedly until the correct HDMI input is displayed on the TV screen. Also, make sure that you are connecting to the right TV input.
- After that, make sure the input device is turned on and working fine.
2. Disconnect and reconnect HDMI cable
- The Sony Smart TV HDMI not working issue can also occur due to bad connection.
- Turn off all the devices including your Sony TV, gaming console, Blu-ray player, etc.
- Disconnect the HDMI cable from the HDMI input terminal on the TV.
- Disconnect the HDMI cable from the HDMI output terminal on the source device that is your gaming console etc.
- Leave all the devices idle for a few minutes.
- Reconnect the HDMI cable back to your TV and the output devices.
- Turn on the TV along with the output devices. Turn off all the devices and turn on again.
- Now check if the HDMI connection is working fine.
3. Update TV firmware
- Outdated firmware can create issues with the new HDMI devices and technologies. Make sure your TV has the latest firmware is installed.
- Press the Home button and select Help.
- Select “System software update”.
- If the automatic update is disabled, then select “Check for a System software update” to check for the update manually.
- If the TV has a new update, proceed to install it by clicking the Update button.
- The process may take a few minutes to hours depending on your internet connection.
- After the update is installed, restart the TV. Make sure you unplug and reconnect all the source devices to the TV.
4. Check for HDMI port issue
- If none of the troubleshooting tips in this article helped, the issue can be with the HDMI port.
- Contact Sony support and describe the issue.
- The support staff will walk you through some troubleshooting tips again.
- If that did not work, Sony will repair the HDMI board depending on the warranty availability.
It is important to have a functioning HDMI as it is required to connect your TV box, gaming console, and even projectors. By following the troubleshooting tips in this article, hopefully, you can fix Sony smart TV HDMI not working problems by yourself.
RELATED STORIES YOU MAY LIKE:
- Sony Smart TV not starting? Try these easy solutions
- Netflix not loading on Sony Smart TV
- 5 of the best VPNs for Kodi for smooth video streaming