No signal on your Sony Smart TV? Here’s what you can do
If you own a Sony Smart TV and you can’t use it because of a NO SIGNAL message, then you’ve came to the right place.
The NO SIGNAL issue is pretty common, not only on Sony Smart TVs, but on other TVs as well. Sometimes it can be pretty annoying as it may interrupt your favorite TV show or movie. Also, it can be triggered by a lot of causes.
Fortunately, there are a few things that you could try to get rid of the NO SIGNAL message and get things back to normal.
What do you do if your Sony TV says NO SIGNAL?
1. General troubleshooting steps
- Check if all the connections are working properly. If your antenna, cable, or other source device is not properly connected to your Sony Smart TV, this will trigger the NO SIGNAL message.
- Make sure that all the cables are plugged in to the right ports.
- Change the channel and try a different source or device.
- Confirm that the source device is on and working properly.
- Make sure that there are no issues with your cable provider.
- Check if the TV has the latest firmware update installed. If not, update your Sony Smart TV.
- Perform a Power reset. If you don’t know how to do that, check out the steps from this article.
2. Use the Auto Program feature
- Make sure that your TV is off.
- Unplug the power cables and then plug them back in.
- Power on your Sony Smart TV.
- Press the Home button on your remote control.
- Select Settings.
- Now choose Channels > Channel setup.
- After that, you’ll see two options: Cable and Antenna. Select the appropriate signal type for your connection.
- Select Auto Program and wait for the process to finish.
It’s worth mentioning that the channels you receive depend on your region. Also, the Auto Program feature can take several minutes, depending on the number of channels received.
3. Change the Input on your TV
- If your TV worked fine and suddenly is showing the NO SIGNAL message, it is possible that you changed the input by mistake.
- Press the Input button on your remote control. Usually, it is located at the top of the remote, but if it isn’t there, check your remote for the Input button.
- After pressing the Input button, a list with all the available inputs should appear. The active ones should be highlighted with a color while the inactive ones should be grayed out.
- Depending on your source, choose the appropriate input for that source (HDMI, cable, antenna). Keep in mind that if your TV has multiple HDMI’s, they will be named differently (HDMI 1, HDMI 2, HDMI Side). Be sure to select the correct one.
4. Perform a Factory reset
- To start, press the Home button on your remote control.
- Now go to Settings.
- Under Storage & Reset select Factory data reset.
- Choose Erase everything.
- Confirm by selecting Yes.
Keep in mind that this will delete all your information, downloaded apps, saved info, and settings. Use it as a last option.
Sometimes, if you’re using a signal splitter, the signal can be weak.
In this case, try a direct connection to see if it works. If the direct connection works, then the signal splitter is at fault and you should keep your Sony Smart TV always on a direct connection.
If you have any other questions, drop them in the comments section below and we’ll be sure to check them out.
- Netflix not loading on Sony Smart TV
- Sony Smart TV is not responding? Check out these solutions
- How to connect my Sony Smart TV to the Internet
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.