- Some users complained that they get the error Sorry we're having trouble updating Oculus while using them.
- You should perform a firmware update to get rid of problems with Oculus software updates.
- Check your antivirus and firewall, as they can block your connection and lead to this error.
- Also, if you disconnect from the software it could be very helpful.
We’re familiar with Oculus, the head-mounted-display tech company that produces the newest virtual reality headsets. It redefines digital entertainment, bringing better immersion, whether you’re watching a movie or playing games, the future never felt so close to our fingertips, or eyes.
However, issues with Oculus can occur, and one of the common problems reported by users is Sorry we’re having trouble updating Oculus error. Numerous users reported this issue on Reddit threads.
I’ve been having this message show up once in a while over the past week.
There’s plenty of free space on all library disks, disks where %TEMP% is, as well as the disk where the Oculus software is installed.
The reasons behind this issue may vary, and sometimes you might encounter this error due to improper antivirus of firewall configuration. We’ve created a list of fixes that can solve this issue. So let’s get started, shall we?
How can I fix Oculus Rift update problem?
- Log-out from your software
- Perform a firmware update
- Move your large files
- Repair your software
- Check your antivirus and firewall
1. Log-out from your software
Sometimes the simplest of things bare the best results. If you’re getting Sorry we’re having trouble updating Oculus error, you might be able to fix it simply by logging out. Log out from your Oculus home software, wait a few moments, and log back in.
To do that, navigate to the Friends section, click the three dots, then select Sign Out.
2. Perform a firmware update
Maybe the problem could be related to firmware. Firmware is the software that provides the low-level control for the device’s specific hardware. So maybe this could be causing issues with your Oculus software updates attempts.
- Firstly, connect your headset device, and ensure that it shows up as connected in the Oculus Configuration Utility.
- Select Tools, click on Advanced, and select Update Firmware.
- When prompted to select a file, select the one you have prepared for your headset.
- The firmware will begin updating.
- After the update finishes, shut down your machine and restart the Oculus Configuration Utility.
3. Move your large files
This isn’t the ideal scenario, but the minimum required space is to update Oculus Rift is 9 GB. If you don’t have enough storage space, you might encounter Sorry we’re having trouble updating Oculus error.
In order to free up some space, just delete any large files you don’t want anymore, or move them to a different partition. You can also try to uninstall any programs or content you don’t have a use for anymore. Try moving your large files to an external or alternate hard drive. Lastly, you can use Disk Cleanup to free up extra space.
4. Repair your software
In order to fix this problem, follow these steps:
- Go to Oculus setup official page.
- Click on the Download Oculus Rift Software button, and then run the downloaded file with Administrator rights.
- Click on Repair.
After the process is finished, check if the issue is still there.
5. Check your antivirus and firewall
Try whitelisting your Oculus software on both your firewall and antivirus of choice. Sometimes your antivirus or firewall can block your connection causing the Sorry we’re having trouble updating Oculus error to appear. If your antivirus is preventing you from updating Oculus software, perhaps you should disable it temporarily or switch to a different antivirus.
Bitdefender offers great protection and speed, and most importantly, it won’t interfere with your system in any way, so be sure to try it out.
There you go, these are some solutions that might help you fix the Sorry we’re having trouble updating Oculus error, so be sure to try them all.