You might have noticed this file pop up whenever you scan for malware with your antivirus software.
You might have also notice this file lurking in the Task Manager’s Processes tab, automatically starting at start-up.
The most common locations this file has been reported to lurk on our hard-drives are:
Even though Sppextcomobjpatcher.exe looks and acts like a keylogger (possibly collecting and sending information to third parties), this file is part of the operating system of your PC.
It appears on users’ systems after they illegally used it to activate either their Windows operating system, or other Microsoft products without actually buying the software.
Needless to say, using pirated software is not the way to go. Doing so exponentially increases the risk of malware and virus infections. Not to mention that it’s illegal.
SppExtComObjPatcher is part of Key Management Service (KMS) Licensing for Microsoft Products.
Because this file is not natively part of a freshly bought Windows software/application, if you find this file on your PC after buying a seemingly fresh version of Windows, then it means that your copy of Windows is pirated.
But that’s not surprising since Windows activators are often plagued with malware.
The antivirus software on your PC is picking up on this .exe file because the people at Microsoft do not want pirated copies of their operating system on the market. And rightfully so.
If you are knowingly using a pirated version of Windows, then having this file run in the background of your system is totally normal.
We recommend that you avoid using pirated software from any provider, as this can leave you open to pishing, malware, keylogger, and other malware attacks.
Losing access to your files, or getting your bank account and other personal information released to other third parties will surely cause you more harm than investing in an original version of the software you’re trying to use.
So, the best approach is to take no risks.
How to remove SppExtComObjPatcher.exe from your PC ?
- Before attempting to remove this file from your PC, please make sure to backup your important data on an external hard-drive or in the cloud.
- Restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking (click here to find out how to do it)
- If you already have an installed antivirus on your PC, make sure to update it, and then run a in-depth scan of your system
- After the scan is complete, we recommend that you scan your PC with a malware removal tool
- After you cleaned up your PC with a good malware removal tool, restart your machine in normal mode, and enjoy a spyware-free environment
Now you know what SppExtComObjPatcher.exe is and how you can remove it from your PC.
Let us know if this guide helped you.
Keep your computer safe from threats with these tools:
- 5 of the best antivirus with website blocker/ web filtering
- 10 best anti-hacking software for Windows 10