- Trying to enjoy The Stanley Parable but the game isn't launching at all?
- This can happen for a multitude of reasons, but the issue is easily fixable.
- Follow the steps listed in this guide and go back to playing this cool title.
This 2013 game is beyond any doubt a fan favorite and experiencing problems that can seriously affect gameplay or ruin it completely are not really what anybody wants.
No, we’re not talking about The Las of Us, Dota 2, or Grand Theft Auto V. We’re actually referring to The Stanley Parable, which although lacks in astounding graphics, makes up with quality gameplay.
This interactive drama video game carries themes such as choice in video games, the relationship between a game creator and player, and predestination or fate.
Need we say more? However, there are The Stanley Parable players that say they can’t even start the beloved title.
Well, we decided to take some time off from whatever projects we were working on and bring this much-needed fix, just in case you find yourself in a similar situation.
Thus, if you’re trying to launch this game and nothing happens, here’s what you need to do in order to get things back on track and resume having fun.
What can I do to fix the Stanley Parable not launching?
There’s no 1005 sure reason as to why this keeps happening, but the methods we are about to describe in this guide will surely be of assistance.
Other Stanley Parable players that went through this troubleshooting process reported the game working after.
1. Check system requirements
The Stanley Parable minimum requirements (Windows)
- Memory: 2 GB
- Graphics Card: Intel HD 2000
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
- File Size: 3 GB
- OS: Windows XP/Vista/7/8
The Stanley Parable Mac OS system requirements (minimum)
- Memory:2 GB
- Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT
- CPU:Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
- File Size:Unknown
- OS:Mac OS X 10.8 or higher required
The Stanley Parable Linux system requirements (minimum)
- Memory:2 GB
- Graphics Card:AMD Radeon HD 2600 XT
- CPU:Intel Core 2 Duo Q6867
- File Size:4 GB
- OS:Ubuntu 12.04
2. Run the game as an administrator
- Locate the folder where The Stanley Parable is installed.
- Right-click on the Diablo 2 Resurrected executable and click on Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab and check the Run this program as administrator box.
3. Check game file integrity
- In Steam, right-click The Stanley Parable and select Properties.
- Select the Local Files tab and click on the Verify integrity of game files.
4. Update your GPU
- Press the Windows key, search for Device Manager and click on Open.
- Expand Display Adapters, right-click on your GPU and select Update driver.
- Select Search automatically for drivers.
If you’re into gaming, surely you can do without all the crashes, lags, or freezes by keeping all drivers up to date and error-free easily.
Sometimes, manual checks are hard to perform, that’s why we recommend using an automated assistant that will scan for fresh driver versions daily.
In case you’re a beginner, you don’t have to worry! DriverFix is smart, simple, engaging and its user interface was built to make your life easier.
After completing these steps, your game should launch properly and you can go back to playing what makes you happy, without having to worry about any issues.
has this guide been of help to you? Be sure to let us know in the comments section below.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.