Steam Broadcasting is a feature that helps you broadcast your gameplay without any other software, but some users reported Steam failed to load broadcast error message.
There are many things that can cause steam broadcasting to malfunction. These include antivirus, bad network, computer issues, or problem with Steam settings. However, there’s a way to fix those issues.
How can I fix Steam failed to load broadcast error? Your Internet connection is crucial for broadcasting, so make sure that your connection is fast and stable enough for streaming. Bear in mind that your antivirus or firewall can block Steam by accident, so be sure to add Steam to the list of exceptions.
What to do if Steam broadcast isn’t working?
- Check your Internet connection
- Check your firewall software
- Disable your Antivirus Software
- Check Steam settings
1. Check your Internet connection
In order to use Steam, you’ll need a fast Internet connection, and if you’re getting Steam failed to load broadcast error, you need to check your Internet connection and ensure that it’s working properly.
If your connection is unstable or not fast enough, you might encounter this and other similar errors. If the connection is the problem, contact your ISP.
2. Check your firewall software
Firewall is security software that protects computers from any threat by monitoring its network connections. It stops unauthorized software from getting access to your computer. It sometimes stops applications such as Steam from connecting to the Internet. As a result, you might get Steam failed to load broadcast error.
To fix this issue, check your firewall settings and make sure that Steam is allowed through your firewall.
3. Disable your antivirus software
Antivirus can sometimes identify Steam as a threat and cause Steam failed to load broadcast error to appear. You can solve this by temporarily disabling your antivirus or by adding Steam to the list of exclusions in your antivirus.
In case that doesn’t work, you might have to uninstall your antivirus. If uninstalling or disabling the antivirus fixes the issue, try switching to a different antivirus. Bitdefender is a fast and reliable antivirus, and thanks to the built-in Gaming Mode feature it won’t interfere with your gaming sessions in any way.
4. Check Steam settings
If you have tried all the steps above and you’re still getting Steam failed to load broadcast error, perhaps your settings are the problem. Here’s how to change them:
Turn on the broadcasting indicator
Follow these steps to carry out this method:
- Go to Steam then Settings.
- After settings, go to Broadcasting.
- Go to the Always show Live status option and check it.
- After step 3, an indicator will appear at the right upper corner of your screen anytime you are broadcasting.
Lower Steam Quality
To fix this problem, you can lower Steam quality in its settings or change the stream resolution. This might put an end to the problem.
Turn on Steam Broadcasting
- Open Steam and go to Settings.
- Go to broadcasting and check the Privacy setting option.
- Click on the Anyone can watch my games option if you want your broadcast to be public.
If Steam still malfunctions after trying the solutions above, the issue might be a corrupt installation. Uninstall and reinstall Steam and see if it works.
There you go, these are just a couple of simple solutions that might help you fix Steam failed to load broadcast error. Be sure to try them all and let us know if they worked for you.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Common Football Manager 2018 bugs and how to fix them
- Fix: Windows 10 Game bar not opening
- Fix: Windows 10 temporary files will not delete