- If you’re a gamer, you must’ve used Steam at least once on your PC.
- Did you know that you can browse servers in Steam outside a game? Today we’ll show you how to do that.
- Steam is a major gaming platform, and to learn more about it, check out our Steam section.
- Browsing the web is easy when you use a good web browser, and for the latest news and guides, we suggest you visit our Browsers Hub.
Steam is the largest gaming platform on the desktop with hundreds of multiplayer games. Speaking of multiplayer games, sometimes it’s hard to find a proper sever to play on.
This is where the Steam server browser comes in, and in today’s article, we’re going to show you how to use it properly.
Although you can do this from any web browser, we recommend using Opera GX since it’s one of the rare gaming browsers on the market. And it’s good.
The browser has a Control GX feature that allows you to allocate or limit your resources. This enables you, for example, to clear more ram for your PC while playing.
There’s also a pop-out video player, allowing you to watch videos in the background while multitasking.
Another feature that might come in handy is the built-in messenger with various accounts so you can easily text your friends.
Opera GX also has tracking protection, a built-in ad blocker, and a free VPN with unlimited bandwidth. If you’re looking for a gaming-oriented browser, that you can customize to your liking, Opera GX is the way to go.
Opera GXThis gaming browser is fast while using it, and gets out of the way when you're not. Perfect for gamers that need control.
How do I use the Steam server browser?
1. Use the Steam software
- Open Steam.
- Click on View, and select Servers from the menu.
- Double-click the server you want to join.
- If needed, you can change the search settings and select the game you want to play.
2. Use the web option
- Visit SteamBrowser.
- Configure your search, and find the desired server.
- Once you find a suitable server, you need to copy its AP address and add it to the game to join it.
3. Use the SteamServerBrowser
- Subscribe to download the software and run it.
- Locate the desired server, copy its IP address, and paste it in the game in order to join.
Using the Steam server browser is a great way to find and join a server for a specific game, and if you already haven’t tried it, this might be a perfect time to do it.
We hope that one of this information helped you to use the Steam server browser properly.
If you have any other information or questions concerning the Steam server browser on the Windows platform, feel free to tell us in the comments section below.
FAQ: Learn more about Steam
- How do I use the Steam Browser server?
To use a Steam server browser, open Steam and select View, then Servers. Now double-click the server that you want to join.
- Does Steam have its own servers?
Yes, Steam has its own servers for both the Steam store and Valve games.
- How does a game server work?
Game servers allow players to connect to them with their client and play the game online with other players.
- Is Steam multiplayer free?
Yes, Steam multiplayer is completely free, as long as you own the game that you want to play online.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in June 2020 and has been since revamped and updated in November 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.Editor's Note: This article was originally published in June 2020 and was revamped and updated in November 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.