- A quick Steam VR upgrade of the graphics driver is the latest search on forums amongst players.
- It is recommended that you check the versions of the drivers currently installed on your system before looking for updates.
- For most graphics cards, you can easily download, install, and update the latest drivers from the manufacturer's official website.
- However, third-party software that will automatically download and install the drivers is the smarter choice for you and your PC.
SteamVR is the ultimate tool for experiencing VR content on your PC, but when using outdated drivers, that experience can be ruined in seconds.
Whether you’re using AMD or Nvidia, keeping your drivers updated will bring lots of improvements, therefore your computer will be able to run games with the best possible performance.
Being that more and more players complain about encountering performance issues when using SteamVR, we’ve compelled a complete step-by-step guide on how to update your graphic drivers.
How do I upgrade the SteamVR graphics driver?
1. Use a dedicated third-party tool
Automatically downloading and upgrading any driver beats having to do all this by yourself, that’s why we recommend using third-party software.
Not only you’ll don’t have to do anything manually but by choosing this smart software you won’t put your computer at any risk by installing the wrong drivers.
To make sure that everything goes smoothly and avoid any kind of GPU driver errors, be sure to use a complete driver update assistant that will solve your problems with just a couple of clicks, and we strongly recommend DriverFix. Follow these easy steps to safely update your drivers:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the software.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- The application will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for the app to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Keep you GPU on the peaks of their performance without worrying about its drivers.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Use Device Manager
- Right-click on Start and select Device Manager.
- Go to the Display adapters section and expand the menu.
- Right-click on your graphics driver.
- Choose Update Driver from the menu.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Windows will now try to find and install the latest driver for your PC.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish.
- After the update is complete, reboot your device.
3. Download and install the driver manually
- Before searching for the latest driver, look for your OS version, video card name, and driver version information on your PC to search for the driver that’s compatible with your system.
- To find out the model of your graphic card, you can use Device Manager to navigate to the Display adapters Properties section.
- Go to the manufacturer’s official website and search for the latest drivers.
- Both websites Nvidia and AMD have easy drop-down menus you use to find the drivers for your graphics card.
- Download the driver.
- Follow the on-screen installation instructions.
- Restart your computer after the installation process is complete.
We hope our methods did the trick and that you can enjoy SteamVR as intended, with excellent graphics and no issues.
We also recommend checking out our full guide on updating your GPU drivers on Windows 10 if you are interested in more information.
Do you have any suggestions or questions? Let us know in the comments section below and we’ll get back to you.