- If you want to update Steam VR, you can do it by switching to the Beta version.
- Another possible way to get the latest version of the tool is by downloading it from the Steam Store.
An updated Steam VR is the ultimate tool for experiencing VR content on your PC. However, updating the tool is easier said than done, as evident by numerous queries on how to go about it.
This guide will show quick and easy ways to update the tool without encountering common SteamVR errors.
What is the current version of Steam VR?
At this time of writing, the latest version of Steam VR is Hotfix 1.24.7. This update was released as a patch fix for some issues on the SteamVR 1.24 version.
Also, it contains automatically generated patch tools. So, it is the best you can get for now.
How can I update Steam VR?
1. Install the latest version of SteamVR on Steam
- Launch Steam and go to the Steam Store.
- Search for SteamVR and select the relevant result.
- Now, click the Play Game button.
- Finally, follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation process.
The first place to go to update Steam VR is the Steam Store. Though the installation process takes time, it should be worth it.
2. Switch to beta
- Launch Steam and click the Library option.
- Search for steamvr, right-click it, and select Properties.
- Now, select the BETAS option in the left pane.
- Finally, choose the beta option and restart Steam and VR.
It would be best to switch to the beta version to get Steam VR updates. This will save you the stress of having to update the tool frequently.
3. Update other devices’ firmware
- Launch Steam VR and click the three horizontal lines.
- Click the Devices option.
- Finally, select the Update Firmware.
Suppose you want to update the Steam VR devices firmware software. The steps above are the most straightforward route to do so. With this, your device will always run smoothly.
We have reached the end of this guide on updating Steam VR. You are now equipped with the correct information to get the best virtual reality experience possible on your PC.
Are you looking for ways to make your Steam VR games run better? Check our detailed guide for surefire tips to apply.
Feel free to let us know in the comments below if you encounter any problems applying the steps in this guide.