- Avast is a famous antivirus developer, but the company also has its own browser called Avast Secure Browser.
- Many users reported that Avast browser keeps opening on startup, and today we’re going to show you how to fix that.
- Want to learn more about Avast? Check out our website's Antivirus section for more articles.
- Be sure to visit our Browsers Hub to learn more about these fantastic gateways to the Internet.
To make matters worse, users reported that Avast browser is opening automatically on their PC on startup, and in today’s article we’re going to show you how to prevent that once and for all.
How do I stop Avast browser from opening on startup?
1. Check the Startup applications
- Open the Task Manager. You can do that quickly by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Navigate to the Startup tab.
- Locate Avast browser from the list, right-click it, and choose Disable.
After doing that, the browser won’t start with your system anymore.
2. Uninstall Avast browser
- Open the Settings app. To do that quickly, press Windows Key + I.
- Go to the Apps section.
- Now select Avast browser and click Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
If you’re looking for another browser that is secure and reliable, you should consider Opera. The browser offers tracking protection and a built-in ad-blocker.
Thanks to the ad blocker, all tracking scripts will be disabled, and your web pages will load faster than before. Opera also works great with multiple tabs, and it allows you to search the open tabs with a keyboard shortcut.
There’s also a built-in VPN that offers unlimited bandwidth for free. The browser has a customizable home page, and you can even add RSS feeds to it in order to keep track of the latest news.
The browser is available on all major platforms, and thanks to the sync feature you can sync your browsing history, bookmarks, and passwords with ease.
OperaIf you installed Avast browser for the added security, then you'll definitely enjoy Opera for what it ha sto offer!
Avast browser offers decent features, but if it keeps opening on your PC, be sure to try some of our solutions.
FAQ: Learn more about Avast browser
- Is Avast browser good?
Avast browser is a solid browser, but Opera offers better features, such as a built-in VPN. Read more about it here.
- Is Avast secure browser necessary?
Avast Secure Browser is a great browser, but it’s not necessary. You can achieve the same results by using any other browser with several extensions.
- Can I uninstall Avast secure browser?
Yes, you can uninstall Avast Secure Browser just like any other software right from the Settings app.
- Is Avast a browser?
Avast is antivirus software, however, there’s also an Avast Secure Browser available.