Streaming Xbox One games to Windows 10 phones is now possible
Microsoft is planning to fully merge the Windows 10 PC and Xbox One platforms, so that PC users can access Xbox One games, and console owners can access more Windows 10 apps. While this transition is not yet completed, there are many common apps and games which can already be accessed by users of both platforms.
Windows 10 Mobile seems to be the only platform neglected in this fusion process. Fortunately, thanks to a couple of resourceful users, this is no longer the case.
Thanks to a bug in the Windows Store, it is now possible to stream Xbox One games to your Windows 10 phone. The Xbox Dev Mode Companion app is the key element for this achievement. This app is mainly used by developers creating Xbox apps, and lets users stream Xbox content to their PCs. The apps has also been compiled for Windows 10 Mobile, allowing users to steam Xbox content to their mobile devices as well.
If you’re a tech savvy user, here are the steps to follow to stream Xbox One content on your Windows 10 phone:
- Launch the Xbox Dev Mode Companion app on your phone
- Once the app listing is opened in the Windows Store > search for a free app
- Install the free app, but then quickly hit the back button on your phone. In this manner, you’ll trick the Windows Store to install the Xbox Dev Mode Companion app.
- Now open the app to connect to your Xbox One. If your console doesn’t show up, connect to it manually using its IP.
Once again, this trick works as long as Microsoft doesn’t fix the bug allowing you to install the Xbox Dev Mode Companion app on your phone. Also, it appears that this feature works only on the new Bluetooth controllers. Users have reported that cable connection doesn’t support Xbox One streaming on Windows 10 phones.
Judging by the users’ feedback, this app could help Microsoft to increase the popularity of its Windows phones. Nobody knows for sure if the tech giant has even considered releasing it to the public, but this would definitely make many gamers happy.
Anyway, Microsoft has probably learnt this feature got leaked to the public, and maybe it will soon issue a comment on the situation, offering users more information about a possible official Xbox streaming app for Windows 10 phones.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Xbox One background music support now available for all users
- Xbox One wireless adapters to soon be integrated into PC motherboards
- Fix: No Wi-Fi, mobile data connection in Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update
A serial port can be useful, but some users reported Unable to open serial port message on their PC. This can be a big problem, […]
Most of us print documents frequently, but sometimes Operation on the printer is required message can appear and prevent you from printing. This can be […]