5 best subtitle editing software for Windows 10
When you’re editing your videos, you may also consider adding some subtitles to them either for making your videos more personalized or simply for better conveying their meaning. The market is filled with subtitle tools that are great for helping you add subtitles to your videos and also for editing them afterwards.
You will also be able to translate your favorite movies with the help of these programs. We gathered five of the best subtitle editing software that will be able to help you add and edit subtitles to your favorite videos. Check out their features and see which one of the programs is the best for you.
Subtitle editing software for Windows 10
- Subtitle Edit
- Subtitle Workshop
- Jubler Subtitle Editor
- Pop Subtitle Editor
- Aura Video Editor
1. Subtitle Edit
Subtitle Edit is an editor targeted at movie subtitles, and it will allow you to easily adjust the start line of any subtitle if it’s not synced with the movie.
Take a look at the best features that come together with this software for editing subtitles:
- You will be able to create/adjust/sync and translate subtitle lines.
- The program comes with a cool audio visualizer control that is able to display waveform and spectrograms.
- You will be able to visually sync and adjust a subtitle and its start/end position along with speed.
- The software provides auto translation via Google translate.
- Subtitle Edit 3.5.4 can merge and split subtitles.
- It also comes with a wizard that fixes errors.
- You will be able to also enjoy spell checking via Open Office dictionaries.
These are just a few of the robust set of features that are included in this software. Check them all out and get the Subtitle Edit 3.5.4 for your Windows 10 compatible system.
2. Subtitle Workshop
Subtitle Workshop is a free software for creating, editing and also converting text-based subtitle files. This program is considered to be one of the best free subtitle editing tools out there that comes with an extremely easy to use interface. This makes it ideal for beginners as well.
Take a look at the best features that are included in the program:
- It supports converting between creating, opening, editing and saving more than 60 subtitle formats via the Subtitle API library.
- You can also save subtitles in a custom user-defined file format.
- The program’s interface is user-friendly, customizable and multi-language.
- You will get a massive set of tools that you can customize and all kinds of functions for automatic timing and manipulation of texts.
- Some of the best tools include automatic durations, spell checking, smart line adjusting, FPS conversion, search and replace and more.
- The software comes with a customizable system for manually or automatically detecting, marking and also fixing all kinds of subtitle errors.
- This program supports style tags and color tags in the subtitle text.
Subtitle Workshop comes with an integrated video player that provides customizable subtitles preview and a full-screen mode. The software also includes detailed information about the subtitle files including custom data based on user-defined rules.
You can download Subtitle Workshop or visit its website to find out more about this great software that’s also compatible with Windows systems.
3. Jubler Subtitle Editor
The Jubler Subtitle Editor is a handy tool that is able to edit text-based subtitles. It can be used as a tool to convert, correct, transform or refine existing subtitles. You can also use the software as an authoring program for new subtitles.
Take a look at the most impressive features of Jubler Subtitle Editor:
- It supports some of the most popular subtitle formats.
- You will also get to preview in real-time or in design time the subtitles.
- The program comes with a spell checker, and it also includes a translation mode.
- Jubler Subtitle Editor comes with various editing styles for your subtitles.
The minimum requirements to use the software is the latest version of JRE, MPlayer to view the subtitles, and ASpell to spell-check the subtitles. The software is written in Java 5.0, and this means that it’s multiplatform.
You can check out more of its features, and you can also download Jubler Subtitle Editor from its official website.
4. POP Subtitle Editor
POP Subtitle Editor is a really easy to use program that allows you to write and add your very own subtitles to any video file. You can write your texts while previewing the movie and all you have to do after that is to select both start and end times by using the same function key.
Check out more impressive features that are packed into this software for editing subtitles:
- You can customize the font, size, color and also position of your subtitles.
- You will be able to generate AVI, MPEG or WMV files with just a single click.
- Adding subtitles to your videos will turn out to be the most straightforward task even for beginners with this editor.
- You can easily change and edit the font properties.
It’s important to note that with this software, subtitles will be always justified to the left margin and this will be more obvious with longer subtitles that will take up at least a line or two. You will be able to center the whole block of text if that what you want.
You can download the POP Subtitle Editor 1.0 from the official website and start adding and writing subtitles on your videos.
5. Aura Video Editor
Aura Video Editor is a full-featured and effortless to use video editor that comes with a built-in subtitle editor for managing your subtitles.
Take a look at the most impressive features of this tool below:
- This is a professional video editing software that allows you to create your very own videos.
- You will be able to make a professional looking video with all kinds of effects and transitions.
- It includes a built-in subtitle editor.
- You can apply various video effects, and you will be able to create
- The program supports adding all the popular video formats, images and soundtracks as well.
- It comes with a user-friendly interface that will allow you to edit videos with a unique video editing timeline and a story box panel as well.
- All you have to do is just drag and drop the video files onto the graphical timeline and start editing.
The software is really efficient to edit videos, trim audio and video, and also add watermarks and subtitles as well. You will be able to preview all your edits in real time without having to render your entire project first. This is one of the best video editing software out there with an abundance of helpful features regarding subtitles.
You can check out the complete detailed list of its functionalities, and you can download Aura Video Editor from the official website.
Here is the point where our roundup of five best subtitle editing programs comes to an end. We recommend that you analyze all these tool’s feature by also visiting their websites to make it easier to decide which software is the best for your subtitle editing needs and which one comes with the most extensive pack of functionalities and tools.
All five of these programs are compatible with systems running Windows. Check them all out and pick your favorite.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- 12 best DVD authoring software to create perfect video content
- 7 best 1080p video editing software for Windows 10
We’ve reported a zillion times that the Windows 10 April 2018 Update was flooded by more or less significant issues, leaving more and more users […]
We’re still looking for an official Windows 8, Windows 10 Picasa app, but you can resort to the desktop version or a third-party app called Picasa […]
From all the BitTorrent clients I have tried in the past, uTorrent is my absolute favorite, mostly thanks to its small resource footprint and ease […]