Switch to full screen mode on Windows 10 apps
Users of Windows 10 now have the option to toggle fullscreen mode for apps in Windows 10. Apps such as Netflix, Edge, or the Paint 3D feature controls for minimizing, maximizing, and closing the app window.
Games will usually run in fullscreen mode, but there might be some apps that don’t feature such an option. What should users do if they want to run a fullscreen app in window mode? What’s the solution for running Edge in fullscreen mode, for instance?
How to toggle fullscreen mode in Microsoft Edge
Microsoft Edge only supports a maximizing option, not a fullscreen mode. F11 doesn’t work in Microsoft Edge and, as you browse through all the options, you aren’t going to find a solution for launching Edge in fullscreen.
The only option available is using a shortcut to launch most Windows 10 apps in a dedicated fullscreen mode: Windows-Shift-Enter. This toggles the active Windows 10 app between normal and fullscreen mode.
This shortcut can also be used to run games and apps that normally launch in fullscreen mode but in windowed mode.
Windows 10 full screen limitations
Unfortunately, the feature has some restrictions and they include the following:
- The shortcut above works for most Windows 10 apps but not for all of them. It seems to be working just fine ith Microsoft Edge, Bubble Witch Saga, and Netflix, but it may not work for other apps. It might only work for UWP apps but not for non-UWP apps, such as the ones created for Windows 8.
- You cannot use Esc if you want to exit the fullscreen mode and you don’t have any indications displayed on the screen on how to leave it. You can still use the Alt-Tab combination, though.
- When using the shortcut to run Microsoft Edge in fullscreen mode, the address bar and the tabs are not going to be displayed. If you want to navigate to other tabs, you can use keyboard shortcuts such as Ctrl-Shift-Tab or Ctrl-Tab. You can also use Ctrl-T, in case you want to open a new tab with options for loading a new web address.
- If you middle-click on right-click on certain links, they’ll open in new tabs.
Even if the feature has its limitations, it’s still better to have it at your disposal in case you want to toggle fullscreen mode in Windows 10.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Homegroup problems after installing Windows 10 Creators Update [Fix]
- Not enough disk space for installing Windows 10 Creators Update [Fix]
- Windows 10 Creators Update lets you enable Spatial Sound for a 3D Sound Effect
Live streaming is the hottest trend and a powerful streaming software makes the entire process a lot easier. A streaming software primarily helps you with […]
From the tail end of the 20th century, up to about a decade ago, CDs and DVDs constitute the major options for media storage. Today, […]