Surface pen driver error: 3 quick solutions to fix it
Are you worried about your Surface pen driver error problem? Do not worry, we’ve got you covered. This post is meant for you.
Surface pens are essential accessories used on surface mobile devices such as tablet or mobile phones. In addition, you can draw and write on the tablet just like you would on a sheet of paper. However, like every other tool, the surface pen may suddenly cease to work properly. How would you tackle such a situation?
In this post, we will be showing you proven methods to solve surface pen driver error with all surface pen models.
3 ways to fix Surface pen driver issues
Solution 1: Use Reimage Plus
However, if those steps do not prove effective or if you do not know how to manually upgrade drivers, Reimage Plus offers you an automatic option.
In addition, this software scans your PC’s drivers so as to update, fix, and repair the surface pen driver. This saves you the headache of figuring out the type of system powering your computer and worrying if you installed the right driver. It also solves the problem of committing installation errors.
To carry out an automatic update of your drivers, you can make use of Reimage Plus free or Pro version. The Pro version saves time and offers you total support.
You can also ask for a refund of your full money in 30 days if you are not satisfied with the Pro version. Follow these steps to use Reimage Plus:
- Download Reimage Plus here and install it.
- After installation, run Reimage Plus and select the ‘scan now’ option. This allows Driver Easy to scan your system and spot any available problem drivers.
- If you are using the free version, continue by selecting the ‘update’ icon just beside a headset driver to carry out an automatic download and installation of the appropriate driver.
- For those with a Pro version, select the ‘update all’ option to download and install the right version of the outdated or missing drivers automatically.
In addition, after the auto-update of the driver of your surface pen, reboot your surface device to fully implement the new driver.
Solution 2: Use your tablet to fix the Surface pen
You probably know how to connect the surface pen to the tablet through Bluetooth. Windows users reported that they were able to solve the Surface pen driver problem simply by connecting to their surface tablet. Here’s how to do this:
For Windows 8.1 users, Follow these steps:
- On your Surface tablet, go to settings.
- Select ‘change PC settings’.
- When the window of PC settings opens, go to Bluetooth.
For Windows 10 users, Follow these steps:
- Go to settings, select devices then Bluetooth & other devices.
- Click on Surface pen and select “remove device”.
- This will result in your Surface pen being invisible under Bluetooth.
- Press and hold your pen’s top button for up to 7 seconds and only stop when a green light flash in the middle.
Meanwhile, after the above steps, your surface pen will appear under Bluetooth again. Then select “pair”.
Solution 3: Change the battery of your Surface pen
The perfect battery for your surface pen is an AAAA battery. Your new Surface pen should come with that type of battery. Do you notice malfunctioning buttons or experience difficulty when trying to write with it? The first step to carry out should be to swap the current battery with a new one.
However, if you are unable to fix the Surface pen driver problem using all the solutions we mentioned above, you may consider returning it to Microsoft store for warranty replacement.
Do share with us your experience in solving the surface pen driver error problem. Feel free to comment below.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in November 2017 and has been since completely revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
You’ve got an important email to send, but you receive the error 0x8000000b while trying to send your email. What now? To first understand why […]
Selected boot image did not authenticate error message is linked with updates, upgrades and driver updates and likely common on HP computers. Note that this […]
Microsoft announced the Surface Hub 2 almost a year ago and recently shared more details on the product line. Surface Hub 2X will hit the […]