Are you worried about your Surface pen driver error problem? Do not worry, we’ve got you covered. This post is meant for you.
Surface pens are essential accessories used on surface mobile devices such as tablet or mobile phones. In addition, you can draw and write on the tablet just like you would on a sheet of paper. However, like every other tool, the surface pen may suddenly cease to work properly. How would you tackle such a situation?
In this post, we will be showing you proven methods to solve surface pen driver error with all surface pen models.
3 ways to fix Surface pen driver issues
- Use your tablet to fix the Surface pen
- Update the Surface pen drivers
- Change the battery of your Surface pen
Solution 1: Use your tablet to fix the Surface pen
You probably know how to connect the surface pen to the tablet through Bluetooth. Windows users reported that they were able to solve the Surface pen driver problem simply by connecting to their surface tablet. Here’s how to do this:
For Windows 8.1 users, Follow these steps:
- On your Surface tablet, go to settings.
- Select ‘change PC settings’.
- When the window of PC settings opens, go to Bluetooth.
For Windows 10 users, Follow these steps:
- Go to settings, select devices then Bluetooth & other devices.
- Click on Surface pen and select “remove device”.
- This will result in your Surface pen being invisible under Bluetooth.
- Press and hold your pen’s top button for up to 7 seconds and only stop when a green light flash in the middle.
Meanwhile, after the above steps, your surface pen will appear under Bluetooth again. Then select “pair”.
Solution 2: Update the Surface pen drivers
Your Surface pen drivers might be outdated or damaged, so a quick update or repair can fix the problem. You can do so manually, by double-clicking the .exe file to initiate the firmware update.
Alternatively, we recommend using third-party software to update the right drivers for you in a fast and secure way.
Most of the time, the generic drivers for your PC’s hardware and peripherals are not properly updated by the system.There are key differences between a generic driver and a manufacturer’s driver.Searching for the right driver version for each of your hardware components can become tedious. That’s why an automated assistant can help you find and update your system with the correct drivers every time, and we strongly recommend DriverFix. Here’s how to do it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the software.
- Wait for the detection of all your faulty drivers.
- DriverFix will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for the app to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Keep your PC components drivers working perfectly without putting your PC at risk.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
Solution 3: Change the battery of your Surface pen
The perfect battery for your surface pen is an AAAA battery. Your new Surface pen should come with that type of battery. Do you notice malfunctioning buttons or experience difficulty when trying to write with it? The first step to carry out should be to swap the current battery with a new one.
However, if you are unable to fix the Surface pen driver problem using all the solutions we mentioned above, you may consider returning it to Microsoft store for warranty replacement.
Do share with us your experience in solving the surface pen driver error problem. Feel free to comment below.