Surface Pro 3’s latest firmware update improves battery life
Microsoft recently released a new firmware update for Surface Pro 3 applicable to the Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware and the Surface Pro UEFI.
Available updates for all Surface Pro 3 devices
Take a look at what’s new in the latest firmware for the Surface Pro 3:
- The Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware improves battery life during sleep.
- The Surface Pro UEFI improves PXE performance on IPv6.
While there doesn’t seem to be any security-related updates involved, any boost for battery life is a great move especially for a device that already has its share of battery issues.
Updates like this are cumulative so when you install the latest one, you will also get all the previous updates your Surface device doesn’t have already. On its official page, Microsoft states that only updates that apply to Surface devices must be downloaded and installed.
Installing the updates manually
You also have the opportunity to install the updates manually. All you have to do is follow these steps:
- Go to Start and select Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update
- Select Check for updates and if new updates are available, they will be installed automatically
- You may have to restart your Surface device after all the updates have finished installing
If you update the OS on your Surface device, this will remove your current update history. Firmware updates don’t offer the possibility of uninstalling them or reverting them to an earlier version.
If you are using a Surface Pro 3, you should be able to get these firmware updates now from the Windows Store. You will get all current software, firmware, and drivers for the Surface Pro 3 including the optional WinTab drivers. On the same page, you’ll also notice all the links to drivers for other Surface devices in the Details section.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft prepares Surface Pro 3 for Creators Update with USB 3.0 update
- Microsoft Surface Pro 3 and Surface Dock firmware released
- Surface Pro 3 battery issues related to software problem
Selected boot image did not authenticate error message is linked with updates, upgrades and driver updates and likely common on HP computers. Note that this […]
Microsoft announced the Surface Hub 2 almost a year ago and recently shared more details on the product line. Surface Hub 2X will hit the […]
The Error loading player: No playable sources found message signals a problem that happened while an online video was loading on your browser. Shortly, when this […]