Surface Pro 3 owners have reported various problems related to the install of Windows 10, meaning that the setup failed to complete properly. Now we’re going to discuss some issues affecting owners of the original Surface Pro.
If you still own an original Surface Pro and you’d like to install Windows 10 on it, then chances are you encountered on various problems. One user has reported various issues related to its fan and increased heat:
I’ve just installed windows 10 technical preview on my SP1 after using it for a while in a VM. But I run into the following issue – The fan is always on and the heat build-up on my surface is huge. Running Windows 8.1 usually keeps the surface cool and fan off most of the time.
How to fix Surface Pro Heat and Fan issues
A Microsoft representative has stepped in and recommended the following fixes:
I understand that your device is heating up after installing Windows 10 using VM. I like to inform you that the laptop fan works to reduce the machine’s heat. If the fan is working continuously then the issue must be occurring due to the overheating. Usually, overheating occurs due to hardware issue.
You may first check if any process is running high. Task Manager displays the programs, processes, and services that are currently running on your computer. You can use Task Manager to monitor your computer’s performance.
Follow these steps:
- While on the desktop, right-click on the taskbar, click on Task Manager
- Click on the Processes tab and check if any processes that are running high
- If none of the processes are running high then I suggest you update the chipset install all the Windows updates including optional updates.
For now, these are the single tips we have at our disposal, but we will definitely update the article with more information as we get it. If you happen to know some workarounds, definitely let us know as you will do a great help for those in trouble.
Updated guides to fix Surface Pro issues
- FIX: Surface Pro can’t detect mouse pointer
- FIX: Surface Pro won’t connect to Wi-Fi on Windows 10
- [Fix] Surface Pro won’t connect to iPhone hotspot
- [Fix] Surface Pro won’t connect to TV
Surface Pro firmware updated to fix heat issues gets support for Windows 10 S in 2017. Although, more than 25% of Surface Pro owners encountered issues with the new product. Microsoft has yet to improve and win the competition with Apple.
Microsoft announced in 2017 the latest hybrid tablet/laptop in the Surface Pro range, Surface Pro LTE Advanced. In March 2018, Surface Pro got the update for LTE and non-LTE models. Hopefully, the standards will be met in the new models.
Find out more on Surface Pro
- How to Install Linux/Ubuntu on Surface Pro Tablets
- You can buy the new Surface Pro USB-C dongle in June
- Microsoft kick-starts huge sale of Surface Book and Surface Pro