Surface Pro gets March 2018 update for LTE and non-LTE models
Microsoft has just released the latest update for the Surface Pro (2017) both LTE (model 1807) and non-LTE (model 1796) variants. Each one of these two models will receive a set of different firmware updates. This update manages to patch your devices from potential security vulnerabilities, fixing a few security issues that were revolving around Microsoft Edge and it also improves battery life and reliability. Check out all the details below.
Updates and fixes targeted at LTE Surface Pro (2017)
Here’s the changelog for the LTE devices:
- The Surface System Aggregator Firmware – Firmware – 234.2110.770.0 fixes the potential security vulnerabilities that also include Microsoft security advisory 180002.
- The Surface System Aggregator – Firmware – 234.2110.1.0 enhances the battery reliability, and it’s also important to note the fact that Surface System Aggregator Firmware v233.2102.1.0 is required to install this update.
Fixes and updates for non-LTE Surface Pro (2017) devices
Here’s the changelog for these non-LTE devices:
- The Surface UEFI – Firmware – 233.2110.770.0 fixes the potential security flaws that also include Microsoft security advisory 180002.
- The Surface System Aggregator Firmware – Firmware – 233.2111.256.0 enhances battery reliability.
Getting the Surface Pro (2017) March 2018 Firmware Update
You will be able to download Microsoft’s Surface updates from the Windows Update via Settings. All you have to do is follow these steps below:
- Head over to Start – Settings – Update & Security – Windows Update
- Click on Check for Updates
If your Surface Pro (2017) system has not yet installed the update, it should become displayed in the Windows Update right now. You also have the ability to download the cumulative and current firmware and drivers as well as the Surface Pro (2017) from Microsoft’s official website. There you’ll also be able to check out more details on system requirements, installation instructions and more.
The cumulative update KB4470200 for Windows 10 Fast Ring has just launched in the November Patch Tuesday roll out, and it packs two important fixes. Grab […]
We continue our Patch Tuesday series. Two more updates for you in this article – KB4467697 and KB4467703, which both are an attempt to fix an issue […]
In this article, we are going to be talking about two November 2018 Patch Tuesday updates – KB4467708 and KB4464455. Both these updates are quality improvement […]