Surface Pro gets March 2018 update for LTE and non-LTE models
Microsoft has just released the latest update for the Surface Pro (2017) both LTE (model 1807) and non-LTE (model 1796) variants. Each one of these two models will receive a set of different firmware updates. This update manages to patch your devices from potential security vulnerabilities, fixing a few security issues that were revolving around Microsoft Edge and it also improves battery life and reliability. Check out all the details below.
Updates and fixes targeted at LTE Surface Pro (2017)
Here’s the changelog for the LTE devices:
- The Surface System Aggregator Firmware – Firmware – 234.2110.770.0 fixes the potential security vulnerabilities that also include Microsoft security advisory 180002.
- The Surface System Aggregator – Firmware – 234.2110.1.0 enhances the battery reliability, and it’s also important to note the fact that Surface System Aggregator Firmware v233.2102.1.0 is required to install this update.
Fixes and updates for non-LTE Surface Pro (2017) devices
Here’s the changelog for these non-LTE devices:
- The Surface UEFI – Firmware – 233.2110.770.0 fixes the potential security flaws that also include Microsoft security advisory 180002.
- The Surface System Aggregator Firmware – Firmware – 233.2111.256.0 enhances battery reliability.
Getting the Surface Pro (2017) March 2018 Firmware Update
You will be able to download Microsoft’s Surface updates from the Windows Update via Settings. All you have to do is follow these steps below:
- Head over to Start – Settings – Update & Security – Windows Update
- Click on Check for Updates
If your Surface Pro (2017) system has not yet installed the update, it should become displayed in the Windows Update right now. You also have the ability to download the cumulative and current firmware and drivers as well as the Surface Pro (2017) from Microsoft’s official website. There you’ll also be able to check out more details on system requirements, installation instructions and more.
The Sync function offered by the Windows Media Player allows the users to sync their favorite tracks between the PC and the smartphone. Sometimes, the […]
Microsoft confirmed that non-Insiders running the Windows 10 May 2019 Update are also getting cumulative update KB4497936. Microsoft rolled out KB4497936 to all the devices […]
Microsoft recently released a critical update (KB4500331) to patch a remote code execution vulnerability in Windows XP. It’s been years since Microsoft ended official support […]