- Having a web browser on your console can be useful, but unfortunately, not all consoles have a built-in web browser.
- Nintendo Switch doesn’t have a web browser by default, but you can enable it with a simple trick.
- We covered Nintendo products in the past, and for more information, visit our dedicated Nintendo section.
- Your web browser is a versatile tool, and for more browser guides, we suggest visiting our Browsers Hub.
Nintendo Switch is a great console with a wide array of features, but did you know that Switch has a hidden web browser?
That’s right, Switch has its own browser, and in today’s article, we’re going to show you how to enable it. By the way, you can also use a VPN for Nintendo Switch for better gaming and anti-DDoS protection.
How do I access the hidden Switch browser?
Change the DNS
- Navigate to the System Settings > Internet > Internet Settings.
- Now select the Wi-Fi connection that you’re connected to.
- Navigate to Change Settings > DNS Settings.
- Set DNS Settings to Manual.
- Set the Primary DNS to 055.142.122 and save changes.
- Now select Connect to this Network > Next.
- Select Continue to Google.
- Now you should see Google’s homepage.
To stop using the browser, you need to set the DNS to automatic and the browser will be disabled.
Keep in mind that using an unknown DNS can be a security concern, so use this method at your own risk.
The ability to access a web browser on your Nintendo Switch sounds great, but keep in mind that this is just a workaround and not a native feature of the console.
It’s worth mentioning that using a third-party DNS can be a security concern, so if you’re worried about your online security, maybe this method isn’t for you.
If you found this guide helpful, let us know in the comments below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Switch has a hidden web browser, but it’s not as powerful as Opera or any other desktop browser.
To access a web browser on Switch, you just need to change your DNS on the console to a specific address.
Google isn’t available by default on Switch, but you can enable the hidden browser and Google by changing the DNS.