- Having a web browser on your console can be useful, but not all consoles have a built-in browser.
- Nintendo Switch doesn’t have a web browser by default, but you can enable it using a little trick.
- We're also going to show you if you can watch videos, live TV, or cast your phone on the Switch.
Nintendo Switch is a great console with a wide array of features, but did you know that Switch has a hidden web browser?
That’s right, Switch has its own browser, and in today’s article, we’re going to show you how to enable it. By the way, you can also use a VPN for Nintendo Switch for better gaming and anti-DDoS protection.
Can you browse the internet on a Switch?
Yes, you absolutely can. If you didn’t already know about this, not many people do, it’s because the console’s browser feature is currently hidden.
Once you learn how to unlock the browser, you can go ahead and browse the Internet at your leisure, anytime you want.
What is the best DNS for Nintendo Switch?
We’re glad you asked that question because we have the answer ready for you. It’s only natural to want to game properly, fast, and without any lag.
Now, you should know that there isn’t a DNS server that is going to be the best one only for Nintendo Switch, but we’ll show you the best choices for gaming on PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, or Wii.
Here’s a list of the best Nintendo Switch web browser DNS:
- Google Public DNS – 18.104.22.168 / Secondary – 22.214.171.124
- Cloudflare – 126.96.36.199 188.8.131.52
- QUAD9 DNS – 184.108.40.206 220.127.116.11
- OpenDNS – 18.104.22.168 22.214.171.124
- Clean browsing – 126.96.36.199 188.8.131.52
- Verisign – 184.108.40.206 220.127.116.11
- Alternate DNS – 18.104.22.168 22.214.171.124
How do I access the hidden Switch browser?
1. From your Nintendo dashboard, navigate to the System Settings > Internet > Internet Settings.
2. Now select the Wi-Fi connection that you’re connected to.
3. Navigate to Change Settings > DNS Settings.
4. Set DNS Settings to Manual.
5. Next, change the Primary DNS to 055.142.122 and save changes.
6. Now select Connect to this Network > Next.
7. Click on Continue to Google.
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken.
We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
8. Now you should see Google’s homepage.
If you want to change the current web browser on your Nintendo Switch, you need to change the DNS settings. You can do this via your Nintendo’s dashboard, by manually setting the primary DNS to 055.142.122.
To stop using the hidden browser, you need to set the DNS to automatic and it will be disabled.
How do I watch videos on Switch browsers?
Well, you can do so by casting your phone to your Switch console, or by setting your console’s browser as its own network.
After doing so, you’re going to use SwitchTube, a site for watching YouTube on the Switch. Fair warning though, the entire process can get complicated.
Can I watch Netflix on Nintendo Switch?
Unfortunately, no. For the time being, your best shot at getting Netflix onto your Nintendo Switch console is by installing Android on the system.
That being said, we don’t recommend doing this, as you might inadvertently brick your Switch and Nintendo won’t replace it for you.
Can you watch TV on Switch?
Yes, you can add live TV networks like HBO and Starz for an additional fee. You also have the Hulu app for Nintendo Switch, but only available in the US.
By the way, you can check out our article on the cheapest ways to watch Rings of Power on Amazon Prime.
Can I cast my phone to my Switch?
Yes, you can. Just open your YouTube settings on your phone and then go to Watch on TV, where you have to enter the TV code.
Now, your phone and Switch’s YouTube will link together, so you can now cast YouTube videos from your phone to your console’s YouTube app.
Many are afraid of using a foreign DNS because of possible Nintendo Switch web browser exploits and would rather wait for the official Nintendo Switch browser update.
The ability to access a web browser on your Nintendo Switch sounds great, but keep in mind that this is just a workaround and not a native feature of the console.
It’s worth mentioning that using a third-party DNS can be a security concern, so if you’re worried about your online security, maybe this method isn’t for you.
If you found this guide helpful, let us know in the comments below.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.