- A switch port monitoring software will let you know how switches and ports are being used, and which ones are full capacity.
- Open source switch port monitoring tools can give you all the information you need to enhance your network's speed and reliability.
- Choosing the right network switch port monitoring software can be tricky in today's market, but having a good overview of capabilities will surely help.
- Once you picked a good switch port monitoring tool from our list, all you need to do is set it up, and start it on your system.
Keeping a track of which switch ports are in use and which are free is perhaps one of the most demanding and challenging tasks.
Having access to this type of information is critical since it ensures optimal port usage and you’ll be able to better estimate the new network requirements while performing bandwidth monitoring.
There are several ways to do ensure that you have access to this data, and the best way is by using dedicated switch port monitoring software.
In this article, we’re going to show you some of the best tools for this task that have been tested by experts before so you can trust them.
What are the best switch port monitoring software I can use?
ManageEngine OpManager has a great reputation and is one of the most used tool for switch port monitoring.
This tool is one of the best network management tool and comes with some fantastic features such as auto discovery that will find devices and will also map your network in order to give you an uniquely customized dashboard.
Another powerful feature that this software offers is the alert functionality. It will help you identify, detect and troubleshoot network issues before becoming a serious problem.
Key features of ManageEngine OpManager:
- Monitor parameters such as temperature, power, and voltage
- Uses SNMP to collect hardware health data
- Historical reports on hardware health status
- Alerts to quickly detect and identify network issues
PRTG Network Monitor has been created by Paessler and thanks to its excellent performance is our first recommendation that you should give a try.
This tool can monitor all devices, the traffic and all applications that exist in your IT infrastructure.
PRTG Network Monitor does not rely on external modules or add-ons, therefore there is no need for you to download and install this type of things in order to benefit from the software.
Thanks to its integrated nature, the monitor software can be easily downloaded and installed on your device.
Key features of PRTG Network Monitor:
- Temperature monitor software.
- Automatically recognizes a wide range of devices and systems.
- Can create custom maps for data display.
- Customizable alerts and notifications.
- Available for Android, iOS, and Windows Phone.
PRTG Network Monitor
The PRTG Network Monitor is a powerful switch port monitor software that will successfully keep you updated with all the traffic and system status.
CiscoMonitor ZenPack by Zenoss is perfect when you use switches and routers as it provides performance monitor.
The features included that are of great use, are monitoring, discovery, and class based QoS monitoring.
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken.
We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
This tool will allow you to monitor all your physical and virtual network as part of a real time model that will include all your cloud and on-premise infrastructure.
The in-depth data collection of metrics, events, logs, streaming data and model data will allow you to see the current state of each business application.
Key features of CiscoMonitor ZenPack:
- Performant management platform.
- Unified monitoring of all physical and virtual systems.
- Integration and monitoring of SNMP traps.
WhatsUp Gold Network Traffic Monitor allows for real-time bandwidth monitoring in order to identify interfaces, applications, or links and how much they are occupying the bandwidth.
Thanks to the built-in functionalities the tool can study the traffic patterns over a selected period of time and after analyzing the data it can identify trends in bandwidth usage and also spot potential bottlenecks.
Moreover, thanks to the real time monitoring, the software can also identify security issues, such as DDos attacks, unauthorized downloads or other suspicious and potentially malicious network behaviour.
Key features of WhatsUp Gold Network Traffic Monitor:
- Real-time bandwidth monitoring.
- jFlow, and sFlow to monitor network bandwidth.
- ToS verification available.
- Comprehensive Top Protocols, Top Senders, Top Application reports.
Our last recommendation for the best switch port monitoring software but definitely not the least performant is Solarwinds Network Performance Monitor.
This software is great for cloud monitoring as well, thanks to the available Cisco ACI monitoring feature.
Thanks to its fantastic features you will be able to quickly detect, diagnose and repair all network performance problems and outages.
This IT management software is a powerful tool that will ensure you’ll have all the monitoring information needed in order to increase the overall performance.
Key features of Solarwinds Network Performance Monitor:
- Customizable topology and dependency-aware intelligent alerts.
- Dynamic wired and wireless network discovery and mapping.
- The capacity of forecasting, alerting, and reporting.
- Detailed monitoring of F5 BIG-IP family of products.
Monitoring the switch port doesn’t have to difficult, and in fact, it can be relatively simple as long as you use specialized tools, such as PRTG Network Monitor to do it.
Let us know in the comments section below if you have other suggestions or recommendations, we would love to hear them.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.