What’s syscheckup.exe and how to remove it?
In the sea of the third-party uninstallers, there’s always a chance you’ll get yourself the one which is more of a burden than a tool which helps you maintain your system. One of those tools might be the System Checkup uninstaller, which is, seemingly a quite suspicious piece of software. It works in the background, with the process ”syscheckup.exe” being its executable service.
With that in mind, we decided to explain what ”syscheckup.exe” is, is it a threat and how to remove it if you decide to do so. Make sure to continue reading in order to find out.
What’s SysCheckup and how to remove it
What’s SysCheckup and its related process?
There are a lot of nasty, fraudulent applications which are there for only one purpose: to steal your money. We don’t want to point our fingers, but the System Checkup application, which seems to be an uninstaller and registry cleaner, is quite suspicious, to say the least. So, with that said, we can’t advise you not to try it out but we highly recommend to be cautious while doing so.
How it works, you might ask? Well, it seems that it’s only installed with consent. Basically, it’s not a part of a scam bloatware which tends to install without your knowledge. It works in the background and starts with the system. Therefore, you should be able to locate it in the Task Manager’s process list.
- ALSO READ: Hxtsr.exe file: What is it and how it affects Windows 10 computers
SysCheckup.exe is its executable file. It does have a valid interface, as any other application does. However, the grey area of System Checkup’s functionality lies in the background process which isn’t exactly needed, concerning we’re talking about a third-party uninstaller and registry cleaner.
Also, one thing which is more important concerns the overall functionality of the application. Namely, it seems that it doesn’t work as it was marketed, and it’s, seemingly, discontinued for various reasons. So there’s also that, conveying a lot of reasons why you’ll probably want to avoid it and get rid of it.
How to remove it from your PC for good?
There is a simple, fundamental way to delete it since we are talking about the application. And there’s also a secondary step, which includes dealing with the possible malware infection which might’ve come with the application itself. So, the first thing to do is to uninstall it from your system, the second step should be to clean all SysCheckup.exe remaining files. And also, you can run a third-party tool to clean possible adware infections.
Here are all 3 steps in the proper order:
Uninstall System Checkup from your system:
- In the Windows Search bar, type Control and open Control Panel from the list of the results.
- Select Uninstall a program under the ”Programs” section.
- Locate System Checkup and uninstall it.
- Restart your PC.
- Right-click on the Taskbar and open Task Manager.
- Look whether the ”syscheckup.exe” is still working in the background. If it does, move to a cleaning procedure.
Clean all System Checkup remaining files:
- Download IObit Uninstaller (free) or Ashampoo Uninstaller (free and trusted tools we highly recommend) and install it.
- Run the scan and remove all registry inputs System Checkup created upon installing.
- Double-check the installation path for some remaining folders and remove those, too.
- Restart your PC.
Scan for malware and adware:
Finally, you can use any third-party antivirus to scan for the virus presence. Adware-wise, we recommend Malwarebytes AdwCleaner. If you’re using Windows Defender as antivirus of choice, here’s how to perform the deep-scan procedure:
- Type Windows Defender in the Search bar and open Windows Defender Security Center.
- Select Virus & threat.
- Choose Advanced scan.
- Select Windows Defender Offline scan and then Scan Now.
- Your PC will restart and the scanning procedure will commence.
That should do it. In case you have any question or opinion regarding the System Checkup and its validity, please do share them with us in the comments section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:
- What’s Livanletdi.exe and how to get rid of it
- Keygen malware: what it is, how it works, and how to remove it
- Here’s the best antivirus with boot scan to remove hidden malware
- Foxiebro malware: How it works and how to remove it
Blu-ray is, without doubt, the most powerful video content hub today, which is a marked improvement to the preceding DVD medium. However, its convenience of […]
Microsoft PowerPoint presentations usually contain important, sometimes classified, documents. Hence, most people tend to password-protect such documents against unauthorized access. However, what happens if you […]
The reception desk is the face and voice of any organization. An automated receptionist software simplifies the entire process of visitor management. Whether it’s the customer, […]