Teams for Education becomes faster and consumes fewer resources
Enjoy everything the new Teams has to offer
- Microsoft isn't done with Teams yet and new features just keep pouring in.
- Now, Teams for Education is getting a ton of useful new improvements.
- The conferencing app will allegedly be even faster and more resource friendly.
Teams users are getting more and more features and new functionalities these days, so it seems like it really pays to use this software, some would say.
If you are a Teams member, you surely know that towards the end of last month, Microsoft released a revamped Teams.
This version actually brought in faster performance for the app, a consequence of lowered CPU, disk, and memory usage, as well as a simpler overall UI and UX.
Remember to check the information on Teams 2.0, and also find out what to do when you get a blue screen when opening files in Teams.
Microsoft announces a new era for the Teams app
Developers dubbed this version the New Teams, and the improvements it managed to make under the hood are now beneficial to Teams for Education users as well.
Know that, in a recent blog post on the Tech Community forums, the tech giant has now detailed the most recent improvements.
You will be surely pleased to know that these include 50% less memory, CPU, and disk usage, which in turn leads to twice the performance throughput.
Microsoft touted this to be the beginning of a new era of Microsoft Teams, reimagined from the ground up for a faster, simpler, and more flexible Teams experience.
The Redmond-based tech colossus has since begun rolling out the public preview version of the new Teams desktop app for Windows.
Let’s have a quick look at what exactly we can expect from this new and improved version of the Teams communications app:
- 2X faster, whether you’re starting up the app, presenting in a meeting, or responding to messages
- 50% less memory, lower CPU, disk utilization, and less battery life
- Use multiple accounts and multiple tenants (MTMA) more seamlessly
- More reliable, improved security, and better manageability, using trusted types, stringent CSPs, and integration with MSIX
Please keep in mind that these improvements can be especially useful for the younger demographic, as many children could be using budget laptops for their educational purposes.
Good plan, actually considering that most of these devices don’t have the fastest or most powerful hardware inside.
And, apart from performance-related optimizations, the New Teams for Education also features several functionality improvements as well.
Among these, we can remind you of Viva Connections for Education, assignments updates, inactive assignments, a new create experience, and also apps in channel meetings.
What other features do you feel would be beneficial for the Teams conferencing app? Share your thoughts and ideas with us in the comments section below.