- TeamViewer is a tool that can be used for remote access and support via the Internet.
- It allows users to connect to another user's PC and gain control of it as if they were there.
- If you want to know more about this amazing software, check out our dedicated TeamViewer hub.
- For more great related articles, check out our Teamwork page.
When you try to connect from a remote client to the server or computer, you may encounter the partner that did not connect to router error in TeamViewer. The full error reads:
No connection to partner! Partner did not connect to router. Error code:WaitforConnectFailed!
This error usually occurs if the partner computer is not connected to a network. However, it can also be triggered by faulty installation and incompatible TeamViewer version installed on both the computers.
In this article, we have listed a couple of troubleshooting tips to help you resolve the partner did not connect to router error in TeamViewer.
Troubleshoot TeamViewer partner did not connect to router error
1. Disable IPV6 on both computers
- Press the Windows key and type control.
- Click on Control Panel to open it.
- In Control Panel, go to Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center.
- From the left pane, click on Change adapter settings.
- Right-click on your currently active network adapter.
- Select Properties.
- In the Properties window, uncheck the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) option.
- Click OK to apply the changes.
Once you have disabled IPV6, make sure to repeat the steps on your client’s computer as well. Try connecting to TeamViewer and check if the TeamViewer partner could not be contacted at the given network address error is resolved.
2. Check TeamViewer version and update
- Open TeamViewer on your computer.
- Click on Help and select About TeamViewer.
- Note down the Version number.
- Check if your client is also running the same version or other versions.
- Click Help and select Check for new version.
- Download and install if a new version is found.
If you or the client is running an outdated version of TeamViewer, it may fail to connect, resulting in the Teamviewer is not running on a partner computer error. Make sure both the computers are running the latest version of TeamViewer to avoid any conflict.
3. Allow full access Control to TeamViewer
- Launch TeamViewer on your computer.
- Click Extras and select Options.
- In the TeamViewer option window, open the Advanced tab.
- Click on the Show advanced options button.
- Under Advanced settings for connections to this computer section, click the drop-down menu and select Full Access.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Restart TeamViewer and check for any improvements.
4. Flush DNS configuration
- Press the Windows key and type cmd.
- Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
- In Command Prompt, type the following command one by one and hit enter to execute:
- Once done, exit the Command Prompt and check if the TeamViewer is not running on partner computer error is resolved.
Outdated DNS entries can cause connection issues. Clearing the DNS cache can help you resolve any connection issues occurring due to corrupted DNS entries.
5. Restart the network
- Make sure the modem is turned on.
- Pull the cable from the back of your modem.
- Make sure all the light are off and leave the modem idle for a minute.
- Connect the modem cable and turn on the device.
- Wait for the modem’s lights to stop blinking and turn green.
- Try connecting to TeamViewer and check for any improvements.
The partner did not connect to router error in TeamViewer can be resolved by disabling the IPV6 protocol. However, if the issue persists even after disabling the IPV6 protocol, try clearing the DNS cache and giving full access control to TeamViewer.
Frequently Asked Questions
TeamViewer is a tool that can be used for remote access and support via the Internet.
TeamViewer is completely free without any hidden costs or restrictions.
The only way you can be spied on through TeamViewer is if you connect to someone, and the walk away from your PC, since they could then look at all the files and folders inside it.