Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
- Transferring files on a larger scale has become easier than ever, all thanks to TFTP servers.
- A TFTP server has a small memory footprint, making it easy to install and implement.
- These TFTP servers work mainly on all Windows versions, including Windows Server configurations.
Are you looking for TFTP Server to transfer configuration files, system images, and OS firmware updates on a larger scale? Your search ends here.
There are a lot of options available, which makes it challenging to choose the one for you. Therefore, we have analyzed some of the best Windows 10 TFTP servers to download.
What are the advantages of using TFTP servers?
- It is a fast transmission method with low traffic overheads.
- Can work in a virtual environment.
- Transfers files quickly within a local network.
- Helps boot PCs without a disk.
- Transfers files without authentication, which makes transferring data faster.
- It uses User Datagram Protocol to share files between the client and server.
- Can boot a computer remotely without any hassle.
Best free TFTP servers to download on Windows 10
SolarWinds TFTP – comes with high scalability
One of the most robust and straightforward TFTP servers, SolarWinds is an excellent option to download and upload executable images, push OS and firmware updates, and backup network device configuration files.
This TFTP server for Windows 10 has advanced security settings to ensure complete control. In addition, it comes with multi-thread support and can quickly transfer files up to 4 GB.
If we talk about the interface of this TFTP server, it has a simple layout with a clean and minimalist interface.
Let’s look at the critical features of SolarWinds TFTP:
- Allows you to download and upload images simultaneously from different network devices
- It enables you to authorize a range of IPs or an IP address
- Helps you keep your firewalls, switches, and routers up to date, configured, and backed up
- Comes with an IP restriction feature to avoid unauthorized access requests
TFTPD64/32 Server – highly compatible
Another lightweight TFTP server for Windows, TFTPD64/32, is an open-source IPV6-compatible app with TFTP, SNTP, DNS, DHCP, and Syslog servers.
The application comes in two variants, 64-bit and 32-bit. It has extensive features, including security tuning, early acknowledgments, progress bars, directory facility, interface filtering, etc.
This TFTP server and client are compatible with TFTP option support such as size, timeout, and block size. With all the extensive features available, this application can deliver maximum performance when transferring files.
Let’s look at some of the key features:
- Collects records on configured devices and displays to users
- Comes with a DHCP server, which provides unlimited static or automatic IP address assignment
- Easily transfers messages and backup Syslog
- Allows you to keep track of file transfers with the help of logs
Spiceworks TFTP server – best for IT professionals
Spiceworks is a visually pleasing network administration app with a TFTP server for Windows 10. This app keeps device settings up to date and ensures that all the network configurations are standard across every network device in an organization.
With its backup and restore feature, one can quickly restore important files if things go awry. In addition, this TFTP server comes with a side-by-side comparison view to check the changes made in configuration files.
One of the best features of this open-source TFTP server is that it excels in saving config files and loading firmware into network devices.
Let’s look at the key features of Spiceworks TFTP server:
- Ensures all devices can push out updates and are updated
- All available devices are listed, which makes managing them easy
- Can push firmware updates to all compatible devices swiftly
- Keeps track of network activity in real-time and notifies if any change exists
haneWIN TFTP server – robust & reliable
haneWin TFTP server, based on RFC 1350, is a shareware available to download for Windows 10. With multi-threaded architecture, it is one of the best TFTP servers for Windows, as it is highly reliable and delivers high performance.
This TFTP server installer file comes in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. With the pipe option, the received data can be directly fed to the other applications, and the output of an app can be transmitted to a file on the server.
It can implement access control to the server depending on the IP address, server directories, and operation requested for data security. In addition, this free TFTP server can run as a service and doesn’t require a user to log on.
Let’s look at the critical features of haneWin TFTP server:
- Comes with support for Intel/PXE style multicast operation
- Has a control panel applet to monitor and configure with ease
- Can run on the command line, making it useful for scripting
- Has a DHCP server
WinAgents TFTP – designed for admins
A multi-threaded TFTP server, WinAgents TFTP is designed to function 24*7 as a background service.
It has various features such as server port ranges, size, timeout changes, and block number rollover for large files.
WinAgents TFTP server can transmit files using TFTP protocol through firewalls, and routers, where Network Address Translation mode is active.
With high-performance architecture, remote server administration, and a reliable cache system, it is one of the most scalable TFTP servers to download on Windows 10.
The interface of this TFPT server is simple. This tool is free for 30 days and can run on 32-bit and 64-bit systems.
Let’s look at the critical features of WinAgents TFTP:
- Allows using UDP 69 port for transmitting files
- Can create stock copies of flash images, device settings, and config files
- Configures UDP port for connections to send files via firewalls
- Allows managing large intranets seamlessly
We hope you find an accessible TFTP server for Windows from the list presented in this guide. If you have any other free TFTP servers that you use, feel free to share them in the comments below.