The Walking Dead: A New frontier — Episode 3 ‘Above the Law’ further explores Javier Garcia’s complex family dynamics. This installment relies on flashbacks that offer more information about Javier’s life soon after the outbreak. Above the Law reveals more dark family secrets and forces players to make difficult decisions.
According to player reports, Episode 3’s flow may sometimes be interrupted by various technical issues. In this article, we’re going to list the most common bugs reported by players.
The Walking Dead — Episode 3 ‘Above the Law’ issues
Save files missing
Players report that after installing Episode 3 Above the Law, they lost all game progress. This is a very annoying thing as many players are now forced to start all over again.
I came in for episode 3, to discover that all of my save files were gone. I looked online and found lots of people with the same issue, but no solutions. Advice?
If you’re experiencing this issue, here’s what you can do to retrieve the save files.
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
- Backup your save game data from C:\Users\X\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead – A New Frontier (Season 3)
- Delete everything from the folder.
- Launch the game and enable cloud save. The game will download the data from the TellTale cloud and you should have your progress back.
- Turn off Steam save > close Steam.
- Delete all the files from the Telltale New Frontier folder > disable the Network adapter > move saved data back in.
- Open the New frontier folder again with no Internet connection > the save files are there.
- While in game, enable your Internet connection > copy the save files to slot 2,3 or 4.
- Copy the local save back to the Telltalle cloud save.
Infinite load on startup
Other players can’t even launch the game as they often get stuck in an infinite loading screen.
Hey. I’m having this problem of getting stuck in infinite loading screen. After it tells me “looking for DLC” it goes black and shows a loading sign, but it doesn’t go past there. Anyone had this problem before and solved it?
Episode 3 Above the Law is also affected by a few graphics issues. Players report that Javier appears to be stretched all over the screen. Luckily this happens only for a few scenes, and it’s not a permanent bug.
For some reason, Javier has a horrible texture clipping glitch, where he’s stretched all over the screen. This didn’t happen in Episodes 1 & 2, only Episode 3 with the new update. Anyone else having this issue? What can I do to fix this?
These are the most frequent The Walking Dead: A New frontier — Episode 3 ‘Above the Law’ issues reported by gamers. As you can see, there are only three main bugs affecting the game.
If you’ve come across other issues that we didn’t list in this article, use the comment section below to tell us more about your experience.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Dead Rising 4 will be available on Steam in March 2017
- 7 best VR zombie games to play on Steam
- Arizona Sunshine is a thrilling VR zombie game for Windows PCs