Many users reported There aren’t any sections here, click here to add a section message in OneNote.
This message usually appears if your notes are gone, but don’t worry, you can still get them back, and today we’ll show you how to do it.
How to fix There aren’t any sections here, click here to add a section OneNote error?
1. Try using the web version
If you’re having this issue, perhaps you can use the web version as a workaround. Simply go to the Office website, log in with your account and check if OneNote is working.
You can use any browser for this, but if you want a secure browser that won’t sell your data to third-party companies, we suggest to try out UR Browser.
2. Make sure that OneNote notebook is exported properly
According to users, There aren’t any sections here, click here to add a section message appears when you export your notebook to OneDrive improperly.
To fix this problem, do the following:
- Close the notebook.
- Move the notebook file back to their original location. By default, it should be Documents\OneNote Notebooks.
- Open the downloaded notebook in OneNote.
- Now use File > Share option to move your Notebook to OneDrive.
Note: This solution is applicable only if you moved your .one file to OneDrive on your own.
3. Try to re-sync the notebook
Sometimes a temporary glitch can cause There aren’t any sections here, click here to add a section OneNote message.
To fix it, do the following:
- Close the notebook and sing out of your account in OneNote.
- Sign back in again with the same account.
- Choose File > Open > Open from OneDrive.
Once you select your notebook, it should be re-synced and it will start working again.
There aren’t any sections here, click here to add a section error can be problematic, but we hope that you found our solutions helpful. If you did, let us know in the comments section below.
- How to stop printing going to OneNote [SIMPLE GUIDE]
- How to recover forgotten OneNote passwords on Windows 10
- Fix: New Page Cannot be Displayed in OneNote App
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.