ThisIsMyFile lets you easily unlock or delete protected files
As a matter of course, Windows prevents users from deleting, replacing, or moving a file when it is opened by another program. The best thing to do, therefore, to delete or alter protected files is to look for the program that is using the file in question and end the process.
However, rummaging through a mass of files could be arduous. Thanks to ThisIsMyFile, you have a tool that displays the locked and/or protected files and lets you modify or delete them.
ThisIsMyFile has a simple layout and quick options to add the file or folder that you intend to unlock, delete or modify. There are three methods to add the target file or folder: use the browse button to search for the file, drag and drop the file in the main window, and drag and drop the file on top of the ThisIsMyFile icon or desktop shortcut.
The program’s features include:
Create a copy
- If you want to copy the file before delete it.
- Shows who program that taken the file.
- Only unlock the file not deleted
Reboot & Delete
- For very stubborn candidates, activate this option.
- The system will be shut down and the file and folders will be deleted at system startup.
Reboot & Delete without request
- There is no query, whether the file / directory is locked.
- Can be found under “More ThisIsMyFile”. This can be used to terminate or kill specific processes.
- Info: In some cases it is enough, to kill or to terminate the program that has several files and folders in use.
- Here you can see more details about the locked files.
- The process killer can be used here, Selects the process or program and terminate it.
- Info: Automatically starts when deleting or unlock directories.
- Use this in any case when it comes to the delete or unlocking of loaded modules (DLL-s).
- Simply drag and drop the locked file to ThisIsMyFile and perform the desired action!
- For example: ThisIsMyFile.exe c:\file1.txt c:\file2.txt “c:\file with spaces.txt”
- The Files with blank e.g. spaces, please always start with and end ‘”‘.
You can download ThisIsMyFile from SoftwareOK.com and check out the program.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: Cannot Delete Files, Folders or Icons in Windows 10
- Dropbox bug revives deleted files: how to fix the issue
- How to delete and fix Astroneer corrupt save game files
The DNS server, short for Domain Name Server is where the management, maintenance and processing of Internet domain names take place. Or in simple terms, […]
Getting the perfect gift for FIFA fans is actually an easy job. Basically, you get them anything related to their favorite game and you’ll make […]
Microsoft added Tablet mode to Windows 10 primarily for 2-in-1 laptops and tablets, such as the Surface Pro. Tablet mode displays a start screen from […]