How to delete and fix Astroneer corrupt save game files
When you install a game on your Windows PC, there are various useless files that pile up and affect the overall gaming experience. In this case, the best solution is to simply delete the save game files you no longer need or are corrupted.
Usually, each game has its own SaveGames folder where you can find all the save files that have accumulated over time. Basically, all you need to do is delete the content of that folder.
How do I remove and fix Astroneer corrupted save game files
Astroneer: How to delete save game files
1. Type %appdata% in the Search Menu
2. Go to the Astro folder
3. Open the SaveGames folder
4. The files with the .sav extension are the save game files. Select the file(s) that you want to delete and press the Delete key on the keyboard.
Fix: Astroneer corrupt save game files
Many Astroneer players report that some of the save game files are corrupted, causing various bugs including game crashes: “Seen a bunch of folks with this issue, happened to me this morning with the game crashing to an Unreal4 engine bug report“.
Fortunately, there’s a quick workaround that you can use to fix corrupt Astroneer save game files.
1. Go to AppDataLocalAstroSaveGame folder
2. Copy – paste the save game file to desktop > change the last two numbers of the file. Example: AUTOSAVE_8_2017.01.06-02.02.11 changed to AUTOSAVE_8_2017.01.06-02.02.22
3. Copy the newly renamed file to the save folder. Your lost/ corrupt save game file should now load without any problem.
Speaking of Astroneer, players also report the game is affected by huge FPS issues that severely limit the gaming experience. It is good to know that Astroneer is an Early Access game, meaning that this game is still work in progress and technical issues are normal.
- Change a series of game values from the Config file
- Change the FPSRateLimit file from 144 to your monitor’s refresh rate
- Enable the NOSOUND command.
If you have any other issues to report or have alternative ways to Astroneer issues, feel free to tell us in the comments section below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in January 2017 and has been since completely revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Here’s how to fix Astroneer 2015 C++ Runtime errors
- Astroneer system requirements: Check them to prevent technical issues
- Here’s how to change languages in Astroneer
Broadcom USH which stands for Unified Security Hub is relevant for those devices that come with an integrated fingerprint reader. That also makes it extremely […]
Microsoft released new Japanese and Chinese IMEs to Windows Insiders that are currently enrolled in the Fast Ring. These changes were introduced with the Windows […]