Fix: Touch Screen Can’t Calibrate in Windows 10
Just like Windows 8, Windows 10 is optimized for touchscreen monitors, but just like with any new operating system it can happen that there are some incompatibilities. For example, users have reported that they cannot calibrate their touch screen on Windows 10.
What to do if You Can’t Calibrate Touchscreen in Windows 10
If you’re having trouble with your touchscreen try some of these solutions:
Solution 1 – Clean your display
Touchscreens are quite sensitive devices, and sometimes grease and dirt can cause them to not work properly. To prevent this you should regularly clean your touchscreen display.
Solution 2 – Update your drivers
- Open Device Manager and expand the Human Interface Devices section.
- Find your touchscreen. It’s probably called HID-compliant touch screen or something similar.
- Right click it, if there’s Enable option click it, otherwise click Update Driver Software.
- Choose Browse my computer for driver software, select the C: drive and check Include subfolders option.
- If this doesn’t work, repeat the process and choose Search automatically for updated driver software.
- We also recommend TweakBit’s Driver Updater Tool (approved by Microsoft and Norton) to automatically download all the outdated drivers on your PC.
In addition, you can visit your monitor manufacturer website and check if there are drivers available for Windows 10.
Solution 3 – Use default drivers instead
If updating drivers doesn’t help, try using the default drivers instead.
- Go to Device Manager > Human Interface Devices section.
- Find your touchscreen device, right click it and click Uninstall.
- Check Delete the driver software for this device and click OK.
- Restart your computer and the default driver should be installed.
Solution 4 – Check other input devices
- Open Device Manager and go to Human Interface Device section.
- Find USB Input Device. If there are more of these, you might have to repeat it for all of them.
- Select Properties and go to Power Management tab.
- Uncheck Allow this computer to turn of this device to save power.
This will keep your device powered at all times, but it your computer will use more power as a result. If you have any other Windows 10-related issues you can check for the solution in our Windows 10 Fix section.
In this article, we are going to be talking about two November 2018 Patch Tuesday updates – KB4467708 and KB4464455. Both these updates are quality improvement […]
After recent bad news stories about updates released by Microsoft for Windows 10, that you can read here and here, it is refreshing to read (or […]