FIX: Windows 10 Laptop Won’t Calibrate the Screen
One of the key features Windows 8 and Windows 10 operating systems have offered to users is the screen calibration feature. What if laptop screen calibration doesn’t work? Follow the instructions listed in the troubleshooting guide below to learn how you can quickly fix the problem.
This feature will help you set the color quality in which your laptop’s screen is displayed, the shadow details and the highlight detail but for this options to work on your Windows 8 or Windows 10 operating system. You will also need a compatible display on your laptop to fit with these features as well as a good and working Windows 8 system.
SOLVED: Laptop screen won’t calibrate
1. Enable screen calibration
You might have this feature turned off, so in this method you will learn how to properly enable it.
- Move the mouse pointer over to the upper right side of the screen in Windows 8, Windows 10.
- Left click or tap on the “Search” feature you have there.
- In the search box you will need to write the following: “Color Management”.
- After the search is done, you will need to left click or tap on the “Color management” icon.
- Left click or tap on the “Advanced” tab you have in the upper side of the window.
- Left click or tap on the “Change system defaults” button presented in the “Advanced” tab.
- Now, in the new window that appeared, you will need to left click on the “Advanced” tab you have in the upper side of the window.
- Now, you will need to check the box next to “Use Windows default calibration”.
- Left click or tap on the “Close” button.
- Left click on the “Devices” tab you have in the upper side of the window.
- Select the “Set as default profile”.
- Reboot the Windows 8 or Windows 10 device and see if your calibrate screen feature is OK now.
2. Uninstall display drivers
- Press and hold the button “Windows” and the button “R”.
- Now a Run window will appear.
- Type in the “Run” window the following: “devmgmt.msc”.
- Press the “Enter” button on the keyboard.
- A “Device manager” window will open in which you will need to double click on the “Display adaptors” on the left side to expand it.
- Double click or tap on the display adapter you have for your graphics card.
- After the “Properties” window pops up you need to left click or tap on the “drivers” tab situated in the upper side of the “Properties” window.
- Left click or tap on the “Uninstall” button.
- Left click on the button “yes” if you get a message to continue with the uninstall.
- Now, you will need to close all open windows and reboot your Windows 8 or Windows 10 device.
- After the restart of the system, the drivers should install automatically.
- Try and see if your calibrate screen feature works now.
3. Install display color calibration software
If you don’t really like changing your computer settings, you can install a dedicated software to do it for you. We already compiled a list of the best display calibration software to install on your Windows 10 computer. Simply download the tool that you like best, launch it and it will automatically change your display settings so as to display clear vivid colors.
There you have three useful methods on how to calibrate your laptop screen if it isn’t working as it should. For nay questions and suggestions about this guide, use the comments section below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- How to fix Windows 10 yellow tint display issue for good
- FIX: Oops! There was a problem displaying this page
- Full Fix: Distorted Display Problem in Windows 10, 8.1 and 7
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in October 2014 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.
Blu-ray is, without doubt, the most powerful video content hub today, which is a marked improvement to the preceding DVD medium. However, its convenience of […]
Microsoft PowerPoint presentations usually contain important, sometimes classified, documents. Hence, most people tend to password-protect such documents against unauthorized access. However, what happens if you […]
The reception desk is the face and voice of any organization. An automated receptionist software simplifies the entire process of visitor management. Whether it’s the customer, […]