- If you're into blogging, globally-cherished Tumblr should really need no introduction.
- Even the most popular of social media websites encounter issues occasionally, though. Here's what you need to do if Tumblr doesn't load pictures.
- Keep all your networks secure with these Ultimate Social Media Protection Software.
- Don't be shy to explore our Browsing Hub as well to discover more tips on how to enhance your interaction with the world wide web.
Tumblr is a popular social media website that allows its users to create blogs and share their content with others. More than 465 million people are currently using the platform. However, recently some people reported that Tumblr doesn’t load some images in their browser.
This situation can be frustrating in the long run. Today we will show you how you can resolve it once and for all.
How to fix Tumblr images not loading issues?
1. Change your browser
Many users confirmed that this problem was resolved when they tried a different browser. It is highly recommended that you switch browsers in that case.
Opera is a Chromium-based browser with similar features as Chrome. But that is pretty much as far as the resemblance goes as Opera is a unique browser solution whose distinctive look and features have managed to build its niche audience.
This browser comes with an added advantage as it focuses on security and user privacy. Furthermore, it offers tracking protection and a full-scale integrated VPN as well as a built-in adblocker.
You should consider Opera if you are looking for a reliable and secure browser that resolves Tumblr loading issues as well.
Let’s quickly look at its key features:
- In-built VPN tool to unblocked restricted content and anonymize your online activities
- Integrated snapshot tool to capture your desktop without leaving your browser
- Adblocker solution to speed up loading times even more and avoid disruptions as well as third-party data tracking
- Fully customizable UI with different modes, themes, workspaces and workflows, sidebar display and more
- Seep dial separate tab
- In-built instant messaging (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) to streamline communication
OperaTeam up with Opera and get the most of Tumbler! Reimagine browsing: faster, better, 100% private, and ad-free.
2. Use a VPN
If you are experiencing problems while loading Tumblr images, you can use a VPN to access it. VPN allows you to access the platform in areas where it is blocked. Simply install the VPN and customize some settings to load the images.
While we’re there, we can gladly suggest Private Internet Access VPN as the preferred weapon of choice. It’s reliable, affordable and it comes with the unlimited bandwidth speeds and a simplistic UI.
And did we mentioned streaming service is covered, as well? If you’re willing to give it a test drive, know that you can and it’s completely risk-free thanks to a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Cleverly bypassing geo-restrictions, ISP throttling, proximity to servers issues, and more, PIA is your trusted partner in fighting online censorship.
Perfectly optimized for streaming, PIA provides lightning-fast download speeds, unlimited bandwidth, and an impressive global network of 3292 + servers for you to choose from.
Let’s quickly look at its key features:
- Private IP address allocation for anonymous browsing
- Protection against your ISP and more with a strict no-logs policy
- Liberate streaming, bypass censorship and unblock geo-restricted websites and content
- Highest download speeds and unlimited bandwidth without any buffering or slow loading times (ideal for streaming, gaming and P2P torrenting)
- Access to servers from all over the world (3292 + servers in 46 locations)
- Secure Protection on Public Wi-Fi and military-grade encryption for your traffic data
- Block ads, trackers, and malware
- Secure VPN Protocols and tunneling technology
- Protects up to 10 devices simultaneously with just 1 subscription
Private Internet AccessEnjoy a lag-free, no-buffering, and no-error Tumbler experience - team up with PIA to take over social media!
2. Reinitialize Your Internet Router
- First and foremost, unplug your internet router from the power supply.
- Hold the power button for around 30 seconds.
- Plug-in your router again and wait for the internet connection.
- Head towards the second solution if the problem is still there.
3. Disable the U-Block extension
- The U-Block extension might block some website content from loading properly on your screen.
- To disable it, launch the Chrome browser.
- Open a new tab, navigate to the top right corner, and click the menu button available.
- Go to the Other tools option and click Extensions.
- Look for the extension named U-Block or U-Block Origins and click on the button available under it.
- Relaunch your browser to apply the new settings.
To disable the U-Block extension on Firefox:
- Launch the Firefox browser and open a new tab.
- From the top right corner of your screen, click the Menu button.
- Select Add On and click Extensions or Themes.
- Click U-Block or U-Block Origins and select Disable.
- Restart your browser.
To disable the U-Block extension on Edge:
- Launch Microsoft Edge browser, and open a new tab.
- Navigate to the top right side and click the Menu button.
- Select Extensions, go to U-Block, or U–Block Origins extension.
- Click the Remove option available under it.
- Restart your browser and check if the problem is resolved.
Although it was a minor issue, we hope that our solutions helped you to fix it. Which one of these methods worked for you?
Let us know in the comments section below.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in September 2019 and has been since revamped and updated in July 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.