Since the beginning of time, TV tuners were really hard to set up and when trying to fix an issue, more problems seemed to pile up. Trying to have a TV tuner working properly on Windows 8.1 is no different, however, there are now some tools that are helpful in fixing our issues.
The first step is to make sure we install the driver correctly on Windows 8.1. There are a couple of ways to do that, but the most efficient one is to use the Windows 8.1 troubleshooter, this task is easily doable by anyone and it is less time-consuming. There are a few steps that you need to follow in order to do this:
- Move your cursor to the right part of the screen
- After the Charms bar appears, click Settings
- Select Control Panel and go to Troubleshooting
- From here just click the Run programs made for previous versions of Windows
- Click Next and select Not Listed
- Select the location of the installer
- Go to Troubleshoot program
- Tick The program worked in earlier versions of Windows but won’t install or run now
- After clicking next, select the version of Windows the driver was built for
After going through the above steps all you have to do now is make sure you have the correct cable connected and open the Windows Media Center. You can now freely enjoy watching or recording TV shows from your Windows 8 device.
Read Also: Windows 8 App Check: Remote for Roku Player
Set up TV tuner on a Windows 8 tablet
It is also possible for Windows 8.1 tablet users to properly set up a TV tuner, however you require Windows Media Center installed. All you have to do is buy a USB TV Tuner, these are cheap nowadays and cost under 100$, plug it in and enjoy watching TV on your Windows 8.1 tablet. In case you are not someone that does not want to invest money in a TV tuner, there are many apps available at the Windows 8 Store that are designed exactly for this purpose. All you have to do is choose a Windows 8 app that suits you from titles like Hulu Plus, Netflix, ABC Family and many more.
It’s easier to enjoy your TV shows from your Windows 8 powered device due to the fact that you can now watch, share, comment or rate your favorite episodes even while on the road or when you just don’t have access to a TV.