Broadcom USH which stands for Unified Security Hub is relevant for those devices that come with an integrated fingerprint reader. That also makes it extremely important for you to have the latest version of the Broadcom USH installed on your device to ensure optimum security and reliability.
So if your device is showing errors with the Broadcom USH or if Windows is unable to install your Broadcom USH, here is what you need to do to set things right. What also needs to be kept in mind is that Broadcom USH is applicable for all devices irrespective of those featuring a fingerprint reader. That makes it important for all Windows devices to ensure they have no issues with Broadcom USH.
How to fix Windows was unable to install your Broadcom USH error? The simplest method is to use the Device Manager and choose the option to update the driver automatically. If that doesn’t work, you need to find the model of your device and download the required driver from the manufacturer’s website.
How can I fix Windows was unable to install your Broadcom USH error?
1. Download and install the Broadcom USH driver manually
If you’re unable to install Broadcom USH, perhaps you just need proper drivers. You can obtain them by doing the following:
- Visit the manufacturer’s website.
- Go to the driver section that and download the suitable driver for your device.
- After you have downloaded the particular driver, double click on the file to start the installation process. Follow on-screen instructions to complete it.
If this seems a bit complicated, you can also use a third-party tool to automatically update all your drivers with just a couple of clicks.
Some of the most common Windows errors and bugs are a result of old or incompatible drivers. The lack of an up-to-date system can lead to lag, system errors or even BSoDs.To avoid these types of problems, you can use an automatic tool that will find, download, and install the right driver version on your Windows PC in just a couple of clicks, and we strongly recommend DriverFix. Here’s how to do it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- The software will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Drivers will no longer create any problems if you download and use this powerful software today.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Download and install via Device Manager
You can also download and install the Broadcom USH software via Device Manager as well. Here are the steps:
- Launch Device Manager. For that, simply type Device Manager in the Cortana search box and select from the search results shown.
- Locate and expand Other devices in Device Manager.
- You will usually see a yellow exclamation mark next to Broadcom USH to signal something is wrong with it.
- Right-click on Broadcom USH and select Update Driver.
- You will get to see an Update Driver window showing two options: Search automatically for updated driver software and Browse my computer for driver software.
- Selecting the former will be more hassle-free as Windows will do the searching and installation bit on its own. Follow on-screen instructions that might be applicable.
That’s it. This should be all to do to deal with any issues with Broadcom USH on your device, including the one where Windows is unable to install the driver on your device. Also, here are some more resources for you to browse through.
- Windows Hello fingerprint not working? Here’s 9 ways to fix it
- Fingerprint doesn’t work in Windows 10: How can I fix it?
- Windows Security blocks malware and users from deleting security updates