- If the AMD graphics card is not detected, you will not be able to use it to its full potential.
- The AMD GPU not detected issue is usually caused by an incompatible driver.
- A clear solution for this problem is to uninstall the driver and get the latest one from the manufacturer.
- You can also use a dedicate software to update the drivers automatically.
AMD made sure that its newest notebook processors are ready for Windows 10 ever since it was released. Although, we have some reports claiming there are issues after deploying a fresh build.
Windows 10 has been released in its final form at the end of July 2015, but there are millions out there who are already trying out fresh builds after builds.
While this is a great way to get all the newest Windows 10 features on your device, it comes with plenty of risks caused by the unfinished operating system.
According to postings on Microsoft’s support forums, such a problem seems to be happening with owners of AMD graphics cards. Users reported the following problems:
- Laptop not detecting AMD graphics card – This issue usually occurs with laptops, and if you’re having this problem, you need to be sure that you’re using a dedicated graphics.
- AMD graphics card not detected windows 10 – If you’re having this problem, it’s possible that your graphics card isn’t properly connected. In addition, be sure to check if your drivers are up to date.
- Graphics card not detected in Device Manager, BIOS – Many users reported that their graphics card isn’t detected in Device Manager. This is usually caused by incompatible drivers so be sure to update them. If your graphics card isn’t detected in BIOS, it’s possible that your graphics card isn’t properly connected.
Here’s what one of them has been saying, implying that his AMD Graphics card is not being recognized in the Device Manager after installing a recent Windows 10 build:
I can’t see my graphics card listed in device manager. I’m using Pavilion g6 1222sm with both Intel and AMD graphics cards. However, only Intel is listed. I’ve tried installing AMD drivers, but they just won’t install.
I’ve tried uninstalling Intel and installing AMD from device manager, no luck as well. I’ve tried using different versions of drivers, still no luck. I’ve tried checking for Windows Updates, no luck again. I have no more ideas.
First of all, you need to be sure that Graphics driver and your processor Chipset is up to date for your PC. Also, assure your Windows is updated via Windows Update.
After that, check drivers compatibility and updates because the AMD GPU not detected issue can be caused by such problems.
What can do if the AMD graphics card is not recognized?
1. Uninstall the graphics driver
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard or click on the Start button.
- In the Search field, type: Device Manager and press Enter.
- Under Display Adapters, right-click the graphics card model and choose Properties in the context menu.
- On the Driver tab, click Uninstall, select the check box to eliminate the driver software, and click OK.
- Once the uninstall process is finished, restart the system and cancel any attempt by Windows to automatically reinstall the driver.
Uninstalling the driver is the first step in restoring the graphics card full functionality.
2. Install the drivers in Compatibility mode
- Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.
- Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab.
- Place a checkmark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system from the drop-down list.
- Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
Even though installing the latest drivers is usually the best solution, sometimes the latest drivers can have certain issues, and if that’s the case we highly advise to install the older version of AMD drivers for your graphics card.
3. Install the latest AMD drivers
If a supported AMD graphics driver was not detected, you can fix that problem by downloading the latest drivers for your device.
Before doing that be sure to uninstall all previous AMD drivers that you have.
After you’ve removed AMD driver visit the AMD website and download the latest drivers for your graphics card. When installing drivers be sure to select the Fresh install option.
Bear in mind that installing the wrong driver version can cause permanent damage to your system. We recommend using a dedicated, third-party solution to update drivers automatically.
The solution below is light and it will repair and update all your drivers automatically in one go with just a few clicks from your part.
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the software.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- The application will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for the app to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
DriverFixKeep you GPU on the peaks of their performance without worrying about its drivers.
If there is no sound on your device after updating the AMD drivers on your Windows 10 PC, here’s an excellent guide that will help you fix it.
We hope that our solutions helped you fix the problem with your Radeon graphics card not being detected in Device Manager.
If you have any other suggestions or solutions, leave us a not in the comments section below.