- Recently TikTok has faced the threat of being banned in the US. Thus, if you're a US resident, you might be unable to access it any longer.
- We know a few tricks to help you circumvent TikTok's recent ban and access it from wherever you are.
- Check out our VPN Section for more VPN news, tools, and comprehensive guides.
- Visit our Unblocking Hub to read more about using VPNs to bypass various restrictions.
Recently TikTok has faced the threat of being banned in the US. The app is quite popular, so it’s no surprise that a lot of people have started protesting online against the unpopular decision.
Right now, things aren’t exactly certain, as the US administration hinted at reaching an agreement with TikTok. But don’t worry, we’ve got just the trick for you to help you bypass country bans and unblock TikTok in no time.
- Best privacy protocols and military-grade encryption
- Geo-restriction bypassing for streaming services and websites
- Access to dedicated gaming servers
- Unlimited number of connections to different locations
How can I unblock TikTok anywhere?
Use a VPN
- Purchase a premium VPN subscription plan (we recommend Private Internet Access)
- Download the PIA VPN client
- Install the VPN on your devices
- Log into your PIA account
- Connect to a suitable server
- Enjoy using TikTok without restrictions
Kape Technologies‘ Private Internet Access is an excellent VPN service that can help you stay private and secure your connection in no time.
It features 24/7 customer chat support and is actually one of the few VPNs that offer this kind of service.
Note that, depending on the device you want to access TikTok from, you’ll need to adapt your PIA usage/installation.
Private Internet Access
Wondering how to unblock TikTok? PIA can quickly do it for you.
For instance, if you plan on using TikTok on your phone, it goes without saying that you must deploy the VPN on that very device.
Or, to simplify matters, you can configure the VPN on your router. Therefore, all devices you’ve connected to the router will benefit from the VPN’s privacy, security, and geoblock-bypassing features in no time.
Choose a non-US server
It’s worth mentioning that we’re talking about TikTok being banned in the United States. Therefore, it goes without saying that using a US VPN server will probably not work.
For that reason, try choosing any non-US VPN server if you want to unblock TikTok and bypass its US ban. Note that the closer a server is to your physical location, the faster it will be.
PIA comes with one of the largest server networks (more than 11,000 servers in almost 100 locations). Therefore, even if TikTok doesn’t seem to work with the server you chose, just pick another one.
Bonus: this method can help you unblock other region-restricted services, as well.
Use a Smart DNS service
If you’re not totally on board with installing and using a VPN to bypass geo-restrictions, you might want to use a Smart DNS service. From a geoblock-bypassing standpoint, it might work even better than a VPN.
However, it’s very important that you understand that Smart DNS services have no encryption. Therefore, you’ll have a faster connection but all your traffic will be visible to your ISP.
Final thoughts on unblocking TikTok
All things considered, if you’re not ready to give TikTok up, you don’t need to anymore. Even if TikTok’s US ban remains in place, there are ways to circumvent this unfortunate restriction.
You can use a VPN to unblock TikTok, no matter where you are. However, make sure to select an appropriate server, depending on your location. For instance, if you’re in the US (and TikTok is still banned when you’re reading this), try using a non-US server.
Your connection is not secure - websites you visit can find out your details:
- Your IP Address:
Companies can sell this information, alongside your location and internet provider name, and profit from it by serving targeted ads or monitoring your data usage.
We recommend Private Internet Access, a VPN with a no-log policy, open source code, ad blocking and much more; now 79% off.