- Out-of-date AMD drivers can cause compatibility issues and hamper your experience with your display.
- In this article, we will explore the best ways on how you can update your AMD drivers manually and automatically.
- Explore our Drivers Section for more useful and thorough guides on this topic.
- Feel free to bookmark our Windows 10 Hub for more information and tutorials on Windows 10-related topics.
AMD drivers make up a software application written to the hard drive to allow communication between the video card and the computer.
Without the graphics driver, the system would lack instructions on how to interact with the graphics card.
You need to keep the graphics driver updated at all times to improve performance and avoid compatibility issues.
How do I update AMD video and audio drivers?
1. Update the driver automatically using a program
The easiest way to update your AMD drivers is by doing it automatically with a specialized tool called DriverFix. If you do it manually, you risk installing the wrong drivers or introducing malware into your system.
We strongly recommend DriverFix because it scans your machine and matches the devices with their latest drivers from its extensive database.
You can pick the drivers to update and perform the operation one at a time or in batches, all in two or three clicks.
DriverFix also offers the following features:
- The scans are really fast. In seconds, it shows you all your outdated drivers.
- The entire process is done within the program, and you need no additional tools.
- DriverFix has a massive online library of updated driver files.
- You can monitor the download progress of your drivers.
- Lets you schedule updates easily.
Additionally, DriverFix also provides a straightforward way to back up your drivers and download them in a ZIP archive to restore them if need be.
Download this powerful software to ensure you'll never have to worry about your AMD drivers not being updated properly.
2. Update the drivers in the Device Manager
- Invoke the Run dialog box with the Windows key + R combination.
- Type in devmgmt.msc and hit ENTER.
- Expand the Display Adapters section.
- Locate your AMD Radeon Graphics Card from this section.
- Right-click on your graphics card.
- Choose Update Driver.
- Search for the updated driver.
- Follow the on-screen directions.
- Restart your computer after successfully updating the driver.
3. Update using the AMD Radeon Update tool
- Go to the AMD support page.
- Download the autodetect tool for Radeon Graphics.
- Double-click on the downloaded file to begin the installation.
- Install the application following the instructions you are shown.
- Launch the program.
- AMD will locate the latest drivers for your system.
- Install and update your drivers with the on-screen instructions.
The recommended DriverFix is the safest way to update your AMD drivers.
If you prefer to download the updated drivers manually, then do so from the aforementioned AMD support page only.
It provides you with all the legitimate drivers. Drivers hosted on other external sources can be buggy or come bundled with malware.