- Updating your headphone drivers can help you make the most out of your premium headphones.
- In this article, we explore the 4 ways to update your headphone drivers in Windows 10.
- Do check out other How-to guides by following our How-to section.
- You can read more about Windows 10 drivers by visiting our dedicated Software Hub.
There are multiple ways to update hardware drivers in Windows 10. You can use the proprietary software included with your headphone, use a third-party tool or the more traditional Device Manager to update the driver.
In this article, we take a look at the best ways to update headphone drivers in Windows 10.
How can I update headphone drivers in Windows 10?
1. Update drivers manually
- Press the Windows key + R.
- Type devmgmt.msc and click OK. This will open the Device Manager.
- In Device Manager, expand the Sound, video and game controllers category.
- Right-click on your headphone from the list and select Update Driver.
- Select Search automatically for drivers.
- Device Manager will download and install the compatible drivers for the headphone.
Once installed, connect your headphone to the computer and check if your headphone is working.
2. Update drivers using a dedicated tool
A professional program allows you to update your computer hardware drivers automatically without having to go through all the drivers one by one manually.
It features a massive database of 18 million driver files, so be sure that your devices will always get the best drivers for your hardware.
With a built-in download manager and drive backup feature, this tool offers unprecedented features with just a few clicks of the mouse, while also creating a backup of current drivers for safety.
Most of the time, the generic drivers for your PC’s hardware and peripherals are not properly updated by the system.There are key differences between a generic driver and a manufacturer’s driver.Searching for the right driver version for each of your hardware components can become tedious. That’s why an automated assistant can help you find and update your system with the correct drivers every time, and we strongly recommend DriverFix. Here’s how to do it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the software.
- Wait for the detection of all your faulty drivers.
- DriverFix will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for the app to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Keep your PC components drivers working perfectly without putting your PC at risk.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
3. Update drivers using the official tool
For Razer headphones
- Download and install the Razer Cortex
- Launch the app and click the Update Software button.
You can also manually check for updates by going to Settings (gear icon) > Software Updates. Click Check now to scan for pending updates.
If you are using headphones from Razer or HyperX, you can use the propitiatory tools like the Razer Cortex to download and install the pending driver updates for your headphones.
4. Install Windows updates
- Press the Windows key + I.
- Click on Updates & Security.
- Open Windows updates tab.
- Proceed to download and install pending Windows 10 updates.
Installing the latest Windows 10 updates will update the outdated sound and headphone drivers automatically.
If your Windows 10 won’t recognize headphones. you’ll find all the required steps in this comprehensive guide.
Updating the headphone drivers in Windows 10 is easy. While the DriverFix tool offers a convenient way to update your drivers quickly, you can also manually update individual drivers from Device Manager.