This is where you can buy, download and launch Ubisoft games, as well as manage your game library.
However, some users are reporting having issues whenever they try making a payment through the Uplay client.
One user posted on the official forums as follows:
[…] the Ubisoft store won’t let me complete my purchase. I have tried countless times with 3 different credit cards. Every there is that stupid “Oops, your payment could not be processed” message.
Why you can’t buy anything through Uplay
There are multiple reasons why you may have issues with your payments made through Uplay, for example:
- You made your purchase during a high-profile sale , such as a Black Friday deal. In this case it will take a little longer for your order to be processed since plenty of other users made payments as well.
- General issues may make it so that purchases can take up to 48 hours to process
- Your Uplay client is corrupted, and you need to either restart it or re-install it.
- The credit card you are using is having issues, such as lack of funds, incorrect billing information etc.
- The game you are trying to buy is region-locked
- The purchasing region does not match the region associated with the card.
What to do if Uplay purchases don’t work?
1. Make sure your credit card info is on point
- Check to see if your card is expired
- See whether you have reached or exceeded your credit limit
- Verify whether you have exceeded your daily charge limit
- Make sure the information entered at checkout matches the billing information associated with the credit card
- Be sure that the purchasing region matches the region associated with the card.
2. Try buying from the website
If you suspect your Uplay client may be acting out, try force stopping it, or uninstalling it.
2.1 Force stop Uplay and restart it again
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc
- Select the Uplay process
- Click on End Task
- Restart Uplay
2.2 Uninstall and re-install Uplay
- Press Windows + R
- Type in appwiz.cpl
- Right-click Uplay and select Uninstall
- Go to Ubisoft’s website and download a fresh new Uplay client
- Install the client
If that doesn’t work either, go to the Ubisoft store on their website, log in with your Ubisoft account and make your purchases from there.
The games will soon appear in your game library the next time you log into Uplay.
3. Have patience
Because there are plenty of cases where puchases will take a lot to process, you’ll just have to wait it out.
You will either receive the game, or you will get your money back.
If neither happens, contact the Ubisoft support staff with proof of your attempted purchase, such as screenshots.