- ISO files can be tampered with. Some files can be changed, removed or added and packed to look like the real thing. Usually, these ISO files come with malware.
- If you need to reinstall your Windows or Office, download the ISO file and then run a quick check to make sure it's genuine. It will save you from other troubles.
- See where you can download these files, related software and more in the ISO Files section.
- We are huge fans of Windows. If you are the same, visit our Windows Hub to read about the latest news and tech guides.
There are many websites and torrents out there that are hosting Windows and Office ISO files. However, not all of them are genuine and they could come with malware or other bad files that harm your computer.
Well, today we will talk about Windows and Office Genuine ISO Verifier. This is a free application and can be downloaded from the internet. This application will check the ISO files for you and tell you that if the Windows or Office ISO images are genuine or not.
It is good to know that the Windows and Office Genuine ISO Verifier requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile to run, so make sure that you have it installed before trying to run this tool. The application works Windows XP OS up to the latest Windows 10 OS version.
To make things even better, the application comes with an intuitive interface, which you will be able to easily understand within seconds, after running it for the first time. You can get Windows and Office Genuine verifier tool.
However, if you have problems when checking an ISO file with Windows and Office Genuine ISO Verifier, take these steps:
- Click on the three dots button located next to the input file
- Select the ISO image that you’ve saved on your computer that you want to check
- Finally, click on the VERIFY button that’s located in the middle-right side of the application’s window
- When the verification is complete, you will get either a green genuine status or a red not genuine status.
Use Control Panel to verify Microsoft Office license
- Go to Control Panel -> Programs and Features.
- Select your version of Microsoft Office and click on the Change button.
- From the new screen, select Enter a Product Key, and type in the product key code that you have.
Everything OK. Good. If not, get a fresh .iso file, scan the file with the ISO Verifier and then mount it on a stick or maybe a virtual drive and reinstall Office on your computer.
It is good to know that the Windows and Office Genuine ISO Verifier comes with a wide list of ISO versions, so there is a very low chance for it to detect a file not being genuine while in fact, it is.
Are you a person who downloads ISO files from the internet? Tell us your thoughts about the Windows and Office Genuine ISO Verifier application!
Frequently Asked Questions
It’s difficult to tell. There are some .iso files in the wild that are not safe. Or others that contain unsafe programs. So make sure you trust the source. And verify the ISO file whenever possible.
The file itself probably not. If you scan the iso file, an antivirus might not find anything. But the disk image might contain other files that are a virus. Be careful. And use a recommended antivirus in any case.
Think of an ISO file as an archive. It contains an exact copy of the files you might find on a DVD for example. Today, they can even be used for installing Windows from a USB stick.